Turn on thread page Beta

Do you still listen to the radio, if yes , why??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I love listening to NME radio It's great if you like Altenative/Indie music

ReputationRep:
    I listen to it a lot, I listen because I like most of the shows.

ReputationRep:
    Radio Four -Just a minuet

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of good stuff on the Radio.

Talksport through the night has some of the strongest opinions i've ever heard on Radio, but superb listening.

Radio 3 is a bastion if British Culture

Radio 4 has some wonderful daytime programmes on

ReputationRep:
    Never EVER listen to Radio 1 during the day but it gets slightly better after 7pm. Still mourning the loss of Steve Lamacq and Colin Murray but there's usually enough Huw Stephens to keep me happy. I listen because it really is the best way to discover new music that you probably wouldn't have come across otherwise.

6music FTW.

ReputationRep:
    I used to listen to a show on Kerrang, and then all of a sudden it stopped airing Aside from that I don't really listen to the radio.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, especially when studying... It's a great living fossil from the pre-digital age And yeah, it saves me the hassle of choosing the music.

ReputationRep:
    Because I want to.

ReputationRep:
    Yep in the mornings because I find their discussion actually fun, and I need to know if the trains and tubes are still running whilst I'm on the way to the train station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I love youuu :giggle:
    :woo: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Marry me.

We can grow old together, spending our days knitting and tending to the garden and discussing Westerlys in the German Bight.
    Sounds spiffing old bean. I'll fetch the vicar!

I did recently because I couldn't find my ipod :sad:
    But I've found it now and I'm happy :crazy:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I listen to Radio 4 at breakfast. Or rather, my dad sticks it on when he has breakfast and nobody turns it off, but I still listen to it and as a consequence I have a reasonable understanding of what's actually happening in the world.

Then in the car I listen to Radio 2. I wish Terry Wogan was still there, but Chris Evans is alright, strangely I don't think he's too energetic for the morning.
    The on the way back it's got to be Steve Wright!
    I like Radio 2 because it plays some classic tunes that I like, and the newer stuff they play is usually limited, and thankfully not anywhere near as bad as the trash Radio 1 plays.

ReputationRep:
    Music stations all seem to play the same old mainstream stuff. Last.fm is my music station

I heart Radio 4, even if it does make me feel middle aged. The Friday comedy and documentaries are well worth a listen, and I'm really into Ed Reardon's Week at the moment!

I'll occasionally listen to LBC, but the ranting can grate after a while.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to the radio in the car and over breakfast. I used to listen to it whilst I was riding (bike) to my language class, because it is good for my German to listen to the debates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    The on the way back it's got to be Steve Wright!
    I HATE Steve Wright! He can't read a text/email/shoutout without starting with 'Hi Steve, love the show...'

He just has to big himself up when it's said in the messages.

I'm not even sure why this grinds on my so much. But it does. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I listen to the Radio 4 programme about parliament at 11:30pm when I'm getting ready for bed. A lovely way to end the day.

ReputationRep:
    I now listen to the radio more than i watch television. Much better quality allround.

ReputationRep:
    Radio opened my eyes to many different genres of music, I was heavily into the Brit Pop/Indie scene for ages, then I had Radio 1 on in the mornings, it got me into generally everything! Thankyou R1!

ReputationRep:
    Because the presenters are so good-looking.

Yours sincerely,
    David Blunkett :top2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.