Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you still listen to the radio, if yes , why??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy the radio because i like hearing new and exciting music. Most of my music library is comprised of artists i've heard on some radio show or another. I also listen to the radio a lot at work because colleagues complain a lot less when you have no control over what songs are played and when.

Yes I do, just out of boredom really :dontknow: And I still think it's good though

ReputationRep:
    Never at university. When I'm at home the radio is usually on in the kitchen all day, and if I'm in my mum or dads car they'll have it on then too.

ReputationRep:
    i listen to the radio every morning on the weekdays- KISS 100 is my station- Ricky Melvin n Charlie

radios are cool

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes listen to radio 5 live for news and sport. That's about it really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I HATE Steve Wright! He can't read a text/email/shoutout without starting with 'Hi Steve, love the show...'

He just has to big himself up when it's said in the messages.

I'm not even sure why this grinds on my so much. But it does. :rant:
    I can see where you're coming from but tbf if you email him you're hardly gonna start an email saying "Hi Steve, frankly I can't stand you but could you say hi to my family anyway?"

ReputationRep:
    I listen to Chris Moyles every week-day morning because the whole team are hilarious and it puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Also, because I can't drive (hmph), I listen to it on the bus to and from school.
    I don't think it will 'die off' because it's always looking to relate to new and bigger audiences, there are so many genres to cater to and a myriad of shows to choose from.
    Radio is timeless, it'll never die.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I listen to radio 4 and LBC. Nick Ferari does occasionally bring up some topics of interest in the mornings. I listen to it at night as well, when finding it tough to get to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I can see where you're coming from but tbf if you email him you're hardly gonna start an email saying "Hi Steve, frankly I can't stand you but could you say hi to my family anyway?"
    It's more that:

1. It seems that saying 'Love the show' is a pre-requisite to getting read out.

2. He could just not read that bit..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't, but I never listened to it very much anyway really.

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to listen to the Radio through out today. So far its not been too bad. Definitely Radio has to be much more than just churning out tunes.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to the radio 1 chart show .... and when im in the car.

ReputationRep:
    I figured i'm paying for the license to listen to the radio (in a way) so i might as well listen from time to time, if the majority on this thread do think its worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I still listen to the radio an enormous amount and often find it more relaxing than the TV. It was mainly just Chris Moyles before getting my DAB radio, but now I find all sorts of oddities on both the World Service and little-known stations when fiddling about that I would never normally have listened to.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.