Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

No courage to break-up? watch

Announcements

My boyfriend and I have been together for about six months and for the past two months, he's just been really dull and seem reluctant to have any good conversations with me. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong in this relationship, I try my best not to be clingy it's long distance and I only talk to him around twice a week cos he says he's always busy. He also doesn't bring me along when he's out with his other friends (but they bring along their dates),this has happened quite a lot of times and I feel very left out I get along really well his group of friends but they've been life long friends with him so if I dump him, it'll make me look like the bad one and I really don't want that. How am I suppose to break up with him without earning the scorn of his friends?

You're obviously unhappy with your relationship and ultimatly that will bring you down far more than the scorn of his friends ever can. You already know what you have to do by the sound of it - go speak to one of your good friends (that isn't one of his) and they'll give you the confidence you need to finish with him.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You're obviously unhappy with your relationship and ultimatly that will bring you down far more than the scorn of his friends ever can. You already know what you have to do by the sound of it - go speak to one of your good friends (that isn't one of his) and they'll give you the confidence you need to finish with him.
    Thanks very much for your advice. Haven't been eating and sleeping properly lately...

Thanks very much for your advice. Haven't been eating and sleeping properly lately...
    Exactly, before you know it you get locked in and can't break up with him... Happened to a friend of mine; she was with this guy for 5 years and only finally managed to break it off with him when they made plans to move in together... imagine how hard that was, with all their mutual friends, family connections etc! Waiting only makes this kind of problem worse I think...

ReputationRep:
    say i cant deal with this anymore and storm out.....best way to make him look bad :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I broke up with my ex in December after 3 years [long distance]. Best decision ever, he's turned out to be a right nob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so? just dump him.

ReputationRep:
    If it was me, I'd stop contacting him but not officially break up with him. Leave it up to him to do the chasing. Personally, I don't see why you're that bothered about what his friends think, unless they're good friends of yours? But if it does bother you, then by not actually saying you want to break up, no one can say you're at fault.

I'm sorry to hear you're upset about this - I broke up with someone last year after being together for several years, and I know how it feels when someone goes cold on you for no reason - but from what you say, it sounds like there is no relationship happening in reality, so I'm glad you've realised this and intend to move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.