Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am going to go glasgow but im having second thoughts !

Im about to finish my HND in London met and its always been my dream to go to a very good university like Glasgow but im having second thoughts because i want to stay in london and so other things aswell as doing degree. You lot might say why dont you just go to a good uni in london but come on from london met to LSE i dont think that will happen.

I want to take some acting courses, live in london and move out and have my own place. glasgow isnt as good as london, If i go glasgow ill have to do 4 years of degree while at london met only 2 years to get my economics degree, im thinking of doing 2 years at london met and getting my masters at a better uni in london or new york.

i dont know if you have just understand what i wrote sorry its just because i have so much stuff going on in my head right now.

Glasgow: 4 years, great uni, not good like london, no good acting schools or courses.

London: 2 years, not as good as glasgow but im used to and quiet love london met now, better then glasgow, great acting courses, more fun, friends all live in london.

just keep in mind i will try to do a masters degree at great uni in london(lse, ucl or imperial) or new york(Columbia uni) for a year or 2.

i cant think straight what do you think i should do ? what would do you if you were in my place ? any advice ?

thanks for reading and your help ! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tolgahan09)
    I am going to go glasgow but im having second thoughts !

Im about to finish my HND in London met and its always been my dream to go to a very good university like Glasgow but im having second thoughts because i want to stay in london and so other things aswell as doing degree. You lot might say why dont you just go to a good uni in london but come on from london met to LSE i dont think that will happen.

I want to take some acting courses, live in london and move out and have my own place. glasgow isnt as good as london, If i go glasgow ill have to do 4 years of degree while at london met only 2 years to get my economics degree, im thinking of doing 2 years at london met and getting my masters at a better uni in london or new york.

i dont know if you have just understand what i wrote sorry its just because i have so much stuff going on in my head right now.

Glasgow: 4 years, great uni, not good like london, no good acting schools or courses.

London: 2 years, not as good as glasgow but im used to and quiet love london met now, better then glasgow, great acting courses, more fun, friends all live in london.

just keep in mind i will try to do a masters degree at great uni in london(lse, ucl or imperial) or new york(Columbia uni) for a year or 2.

i cant think straight what do you think i should do ? what would do you if you were in my place ? any advice ?

thanks for reading and your help ! :confused:
    How serious are you about acting?
    Why do you want acting lessons rather than acting at uni?
    Have you got any other offers than Glasgow?
    How come you did an HND in A+F?

Doing an economics master at a top uni after Lon Met is not feasible:
    i)too big a jump
    ii)they will not give you a place.
    But it might be possible after Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    How serious are you about acting?
    Why do you want acting lessons rather than acting at uni?
    Have you got any other offers than Glasgow?
    How come you did an HND in A+F?

Doing an economics master at a top uni after Lon Met is not feasible:
    i)too big a jump
    ii)they will not give you a place.
    But it might be possible after Glasgow.
    I am quiet serious about acting now its been like 1.5-2 years now that ive wanted to do into acting and take some lessons, i was ment to start last september but could.
    i have offers from Hertfordshire, Aberdeen, London met and Glasgow
    I did HND accounting and business management, i did HND because no uni would accept me because i dont have a GCSE english thats why i had to do HND otherwise i had enough points to do a degree.

ReputationRep:
    go to glasgow I have a flat up there and often go with m8s for a weekend

the city is greta the people are fun and you would get a great experience.

I will drop a harsh but true fact on you unless you go to a top 10 university and get atleast a 2.1 no premium uni will ever accept you for a masters

also now days you can get an easyjet flight for like 18 quid from glasgow to heathrow or gatwick.

go to glasgow and get your degree man education comes first and if your now 20's and havnt started acting yet it seems like a pipe dream sorry bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papajames)
    go to glasgow I have a flat up there and often go with m8s for a weekend

the city is greta the people are fun and you would get a great experience.

I will drop a harsh but true fact on you unless you go to a top 10 university and get atleast a 2.1 no premium uni will ever accept you for a masters

also now days you can get an easyjet flight for like 18 quid from glasgow to heathrow or gatwick.

go to glasgow and get your degree man education comes first and if your now 20's and havnt started acting yet it seems like a pipe dream sorry bro
    Good points, cheers. but its never too late to become an actor morgan freeman become an actor after the age of 50.

ReputationRep:
    Good points, cheers. but its never too late to become an actor morgan freeman become an actor after the age of 50.
    I don't understand why you can't just act, e.g. at uni.
    And if you need prfoessional training, surely you need to enrole full time at Theatre School. And in that case I don't see how you can do both Economics and acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    I don't understand why you can't just act, e.g. at uni.
    And if you need prfoessional training, surely you need to enrole full time at Theatre School. And in that case I don't see how you can do both Economics and acting.
    in London there are part time and evening acting course/classes whereas in glasgow there isnt.

ReputationRep:
    in London there are part time and evening acting course/classes whereas in glasgow there isnt.
    And why have you not been taking acting courses or classes for the last 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papajames)
    Tell that to those people who went to redbricks for undergad or even places like Reading and Essex, then Oxford or Cambridge for postgrad of which there are many. Not as large a jump as London Met, I admit, but not "top ten" universities.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to Glasgow and i want to go to a uni like LSE, Oxford, Cambridge or Columbia for masters, i know it will be easier if i go from glasgow, and i know its unlike to go from London met and i will probably go glasgow.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.