Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got in from work just now... to find i have an unsuccessful application from Essex for Biomedical Science Integrated (Placement)....

Now I'm kinda freaking out!!!... will the other 4 universities follow suit and start rejecting me left, right and centre... also should I email them right now to see what their reason was for rejecting me or should I wait till Monday so I can speak to my tutor?

Any help would be really grateful!!!

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky. Talk to your tutor about it.

ReputationRep:
    E-mail them to get a direct answer from their mouths. Your tutor can't give you that information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneBeanLescott)
    I got in from work just now... to find i have an unsuccessful application from Essex for Biomedical Science Integrated (Placement)....

Now I'm kinda freaking out!!!... will the other 4 universities follow suit and start rejecting me left, right and centre... also should I email them right now to see what their reason was for rejecting me or should I wait till Monday so I can speak to my tutor?

Any help would be really grateful!!!
    Don't panic, you have 4 remaining. Speak to your tutor on monday, as you'd be unlikely to get a reply over the weekend anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes once you have one rejection, all the other unis will jump on the band wagon too and reject you for the hell of it. :rolleyes:

calm down, you have a rejection - unlucky. but you have 4 more chances
    dont give up hope yet, all unis look for slightly different things in an applicant.

Email/ring them on monday to ask for feedback and to see how you're application could've been improved.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What do you mean 'help'? You didn't get the offer - you can't change their decision, or your current application... so the only help anyone can give you is to tell you sorry, calm down, Im sure you'll get offers from the other places. If not, gap year time!

ReputationRep:
    One rejection doesn't equal 5.

ReputationRep:
    You were probably just crap.

ReputationRep:
    Try to stay postitive and not worry too much. My first reply was a rejection too, so I know how horrible it is, but I still ended up getting from other universities (which were 'better' according to league table ranking and required grades). You still have four other choices to hear back from, and I'm sure you'll end up somewhere great

ReputationRep:
    What do you expect us to do about it?
    You could try talking to your tutor, but usually if they reject you...they just don't want to take you on as a student.
    One of my closest friends got 5 rejections and had to wait until the next year to apply again. It happens.

However, 1 rejection at this stage doesnt mean they will all reject you, most will probably give you an offer. Don't panic yet.

ReputationRep:
    Don't freak!!
    One rejection doesn't mean that everywhere else you applied will reject you...unless Essex was your first choice leave it and wait till you hear from your other universities. No point stressing if it wasn't really one you wanted to go to anyways!!
    =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel.HeyThereChuckles.)
    Don't freak!!
    One rejection doesn't mean that everywhere else you applied will reject you...unless Essex was your first choice leave it and wait till you hear from your other universities. No point stressing if it wasn't really one you wanted to go to anyways!!
    =)

Essex was my 5th choice... Surrey is my first ... I'll just start praying lol

ReputationRep:
    youre unlucky that your first response was a rejection, and i know how disheartening it is, but that does not mean that the others will reject you as well, the universities do not know that you have been unsuccessful with this one, stay positive If you want to find out the reason why you were unsuccessful, then yes you can email the university, but try not to think about it too much, you still have 4 choices left, and even if the worst does happen, which it likely wont, then you can always take a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    it happens to the best of us. sorry.
    why would the other unis reject you?.... they will not know where you have applied as far as they know you have only applied to them.

sensible thing to do: wait til monday ad ring the uni. ask what is the best way to get feedback on your application. they will tell you the right thing to do. some unis will only give feedback if you write a letter, some email. so to get a reply you need to do it right.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much. If your grades and PS are suitable for the other courses you've applied for then you should fine. But if you have no joy with your 5, there's always Extra. Then after that there's Clearing. There're always loads of biomed courses at decent unis still looking to be filled in August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    Don't worry too much. If your grades and PS are suitable for the other courses you've applied for then you should fine. But if you have no joy with your 5, there's always Extra. Then after that there's Clearing. There're always loads of biomed courses at decent unis still looking to be filled in August.
    you may be right... but i could end up anywhere like Newcastle... I live near Fulham in London! lol Problem is that my PS was catering for 3 different courses nutrition/ dietetics and biochemistry (medical)... if I get rejected from Surrey then I've ****** up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneBeanLescott)
    Essex was my 5th choice... Surrey is my first ... I'll just start praying lol
    LOL! good luck mayn

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, Essex isn't as strong as Surrey so that's concerning.
    But good luck anyways.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.