Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wear a vest? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you wear a vest?
    Yes
    46.85%
    No
    53.15%

I have a feeling this is why I still wear vests. :yes:

Why won't quick reply work?! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Hmm, thermal vests :beard:

Are they different from normal vests? Better at keeping warmth, I presume. :ahee:
    Like zees and zees. Yeah. You can really tell the difference between proper thermals and just wearing a thin cotton one. Either is fine and another winter layer, though.

Not sure how appropriate the ones I linked would be on men, though, come to it.

ReputationRep:
    My parents tried to make me when I was younger, I rejected the idea though. Never worn them.

ReputationRep:
    I can't even imagine wearing a vest.

Doesn't that mean more washing? unthinkable! :p:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I always wear a t-shirt underneath my shirt. So I guess I'm wearing it as a 'vest' but not wearing a proper vest, if you see what I mean. I've tried on proper vests, and just hate the feel... it feels so unnatural. For extra warmth you can always add a sweater or something.

(Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Like zees and zees. Yeah. You can really tell the difference between proper thermals and just wearing a thin cotton one. Either is fine and another winter layer, though.

Not sure how appropriate the ones I linked would be on men, though, come to it.
    :teeth:

And yes, it is more washing, but I guess it means I can sort of re-use my shirts...

ReputationRep:
    No, but I do sometimes where a t-shirt under a longer sleeve t-shirt/proper shirt

ReputationRep:
    In winter I wear a camisole underneath other vest tops or t-shirts or long-sleeved tops, then I'll probably wear a jumper or something on top. So 3 layers and a bra. At work I wear 4 and an apron.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no.

(Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    In winter I wear a camisole underneath other vest tops or t-shirts or long-sleeved tops, then I'll probably wear a jumper or something on top. So 3 layers and a bra. At work I wear 4 and an apron.
    I quite like camisoles . They look nice, and the name just rolls off the tongue.

But boys can't wear them. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have long sleeved thermal vests, very nice and warm. And I often wear usual vest tops and camisoles under my clothes as extra layers. I feel the cold to easily so I need to really.

ReputationRep:
    Do I ever?!!!!!!!!

No, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    yes, every single day. even in summer.

(Original post by Hooovan*)
    yes, every single day. even in summer.
    Especially in summer! For me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Especially in summer! For me.
    its a curse :no: i blame my mothers overprotectiveness.

ReputationRep:
    I wear them coz you can take your shirt off whenever you wanna show off your muscles.

And to berlusconi, my ass!

ReputationRep:
    In primary school we had to do PE in our vests and knickers.
    Thankfully the rules have changed now.

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I wear them coz you can take your shirt off whenever you wanna show off your muscles.

And to berlusconi, my ass!

Yeeeah, yippikayay ************!

ReputationRep:
    yes.

nipples.

ReputationRep:
    Funny, I stopped wearing them in Year 7, to replace them with bras. But then in Year 8 I started wearing vests again over my bras, mostly in winter just because I felt cold without them, and also our white shirts were quite see-through.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.