Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wear a vest? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you wear a vest?
    Yes
    46.85%
    No
    53.15%

(Original post by dennisthe3rd)
    yeah goes well with polo tops
    I don't understand. People wouldn't be able to see the vest anyway? Why would you want to show it?

ReputationRep:
    Maan i love my vests I always think they look nice under collared shirts. They also give you the option to wear your shirt open. I also like just wearing a vest and a zip up hoodie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    But I am a nerd :woo:.

epic win

(Original post by Mj86)
    Maan i love my vests I always think they look nice under collared shirts. They also give you the option to wear your shirt open. I also like just wearing a vest and a zip up hoodie...
    What? You expose your vest? wtf?!

Wait. Are we talking short sleeved top vest, or singlet? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    oh, I forgot I did buy a thermal vest last year. I bought it for running etc in the cold. Unfortunately I didn't really think it through...after weightlifting and training it no longer fits me.

(Original post by mr eko)
    oh, I forgot I did buy a thermal vest last year. I bought it for running etc in the cold. Unfortunately I didn't really think it through...after weightlifting and training it no longer fits me.
    And now it's a tight vest! Use it wisely.

ReputationRep:
    I was made to wear vests as a child too, but I don't wear them now. I did, however, wear thermal vests when I was in Sweden last weekend, just because it was a bit nippier there than it is here.

(Original post by Phugoid)
    I was made to wear vests as a child too, but I don't wear them now. I did, however, wear thermal vests when I was in Sweden last weekend, just because it was a bit nippier there than it is here.
    So, why did you stop?

ReputationRep:
    No, I wear tops?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    And now it's a tight vest! Use it wisely.
    Gay bar?

(Original post by mr eko)
    Gay bar?
    If you go for that sort of thing, I suppose.

But I'm sure it would help with the ladies too.

ReputationRep:
    If you go for that sort of thing, I suppose.

But I'm sure it would help with the ladies too.
    Well It can't make me any worse I guess.

ReputationRep:
    So, why did you stop?
    Because I got to the age where I was in charge of my own wardrobe, and took the liberty of cutting out all non-essential clothing so I could have that extra few minutes in bed.

Vest = non-essential, hence it was dropped in favour of 10 seconds extra sleepy time .

Because I got to the age where I was in charge of my own wardrobe, and took the liberty of cutting out all non-essential clothing so I could have that extra few minutes in bed.

Vest = non-essential, hence it was dropped in favour of 10 seconds extra sleepy time .
    I see.

But where do you draw the line with these things? :lolwut:?

ReputationRep:
    nope not since i was about 6

ReputationRep:
    i hate vests, i have always refused to wear them. my mother tried to force me, but it never worked - it's probably why i hate them. my sister wore them, though, and i think she still does. but only when it's cold, obviously, it's a bit pointless in the summer.

(Original post by Purple_Pan)
    i hate vests, i have always refused to wear them. my mother tried to force me, but it never worked - it's probably why i hate them. my sister wore them, though, and i think she still does. but only when it's cold, obviously, it's a bit pointless in the summer.
    But they absorb any sweat. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I see.

But where do you draw the line with these things? :lolwut:?
    I live in Glasgow, so the line is fairly well defined as according to the weather - at least one layer of covering is necessary at all times! Luckily, that line is also deemed socially acceptable :P.

I live in Glasgow, so the line is fairly well defined as according to the weather - at least one layer of covering is necessary at all times! Luckily, that line is also deemed socially acceptable :P.
    :yes:

Does it rain often there?

ReputationRep:
    But they absorb any sweat. :ahee:
    but they also make you sweat more. I'd rather have less sweat to be absorbed. (I don't cope well with heat, though *shudder*) I'll stick to keeping cool with ice.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.