Turn on thread page Beta

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society... watch

• View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Watched it religiously from serious 1 (can't remember what got me into it).

One of my fav quotes:
    "Jesus waited THREE days to come back to life. It was perfect! If he had only waited ONE day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard he died. They'd be all, "Hey Jesus, what up?" and Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I DIED yesterday!" and they'd be all, "Uhh, you look pretty alive to me, dude..." and then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected, and how it was a miracle, and the dude'd be like "Uhh okay, whatever you say, bro..." And he's not gonna come back on a SATURDAY. Everybody's busy, doing chores, workin' the loom, trimmin' the beard, NO. He waited the perfect number of days, THREE. Plus it's SUNDAY, so everyone's in church already, and they're all in there like "Oh no, Jesus is DEAD", and then BAM! He bursts in the back door, runnin' up the aisle, everyone's totally psyched, and FYI, that's when he invented the high five. That's why we wait three days to call a woman, because that's how long Jesus wants us to wait.... True story" - Barney Stinson
    i laughed so much at that quote when barney said it. He's brilliant...

love this show so much don't know why... like the episode where they copy lethal weapon but instead barney's the lazertag cop haha

ReputationRep:
    New episode is up!..must say this has to be one of the cheesiest ever..not the same amount of comedy value but still worth a watch..also no spoilers but someone unexpected makes a wierd comeback..

ReputationRep:
    With all these uni exams completely forgot it was even a Tuesday, downloading now cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    New episode is up!..must say this has to be one of the cheesiest ever..not the same amount of comedy value but still worth a watch..also no spoilers but someone unexpected makes a wierd comeback..
    :hahaha::hahaha: Kiss him, Kiss him, Kiss him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    :hahaha::hahaha: Kiss him, Kiss him, Kiss him.
    :rofl: 'the movie was kissing crap anyway'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    :rofl: 'the movie was kissing crap anyway'
    Oh, yeah, I lost count of the amount of slaps Marshal has left. Do you remember?

ReputationRep:
    The new episode was awesome. I hate Stella so much. Shouldnt her husband have asked Ted if he wanted to make a movie about him?

ReputationRep:
    I think Marshall has two slaps left :beard: This weeks was definitely one of the better ones of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I think Marshall has two slaps left :beard:
    :nah: One left.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this weeks ep was kinda cheesy - especially the movie. (why does my chrome spell checker think movie isn't a word?)

Thought Barney was quite good in this one though.
    "Go on honey, kiss him!" - Kids, he wasn't saying 'kiss'
    And when he's watching the movie with Robin and Lily.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked this episode too. I liked the film thing.

ReputationRep:
    i was watching family guy today when this little parody came up and i was :rofl:..so decided to find it on youtube and share..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVW-FkdPNLs

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the new GLEE episode? It has barney, so awesome. He is still the same and pretty much plays the same character.

ReputationRep:
    How i met your mother is legen-wait for it... DARY!
    p.s. Can someone change 'soceity' to 'society'? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RubberDuckZillah)
    How i met your mother is legen-wait for it... DARY!
    p.s. Can someone change 'soceity' to 'society'? haha
    lol my bad

also i should have waited for the season to be over before creating the poll..there have been awesome extras recently..

ReputationRep:
    Is this an official society yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've just found a continuity error in Series 4.

In the second last episode of the series, Barney keeps trying to talk his way out of speeding tickets. But when Marshall's car dies, he can't drive. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    Is this an official society yet?
    :no:.. thread hasnt really kicked off apparently..which is an utter farce tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I've just found a continuity error in Series 4.

In the second last episode of the series, Barney keeps trying to talk his way out of speeding tickets. But when Marshall's car dies, he can't drive. :holmes:
    apparantly the writers addressed this. They said that Barney had passed his driving test since that episode and the fact that he was a relativley new driver is why the other characters had to teach him their ways of avoiding a speeding ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    apparantly the writers addressed this. They said that Barney had passed his driving test since that episode and the fact that he was a relativley new driver is why the other characters had to teach him their ways of avoiding a speeding ticket
    Explains it all. I still think it would have been funny to see Barney learning to drive.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.