Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society... Watch

• View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceyJ)
    These endings would be worse than the ending of Lost.
    Ted designs a faulty building and the characters of HIMYM and The Big Bang Theory are all killed when it collapses in an earthquake. And at the end it goes, wait for it............

and ends without telling you about the kids.

Then there's a 60 minute documentary about liquifaction and pancaking presented by Ted where he talk about different physical and chemical techniques for anchoring buildings in soft soil.

Then a five year old terrorist flies a miniature airplane into his head, killing him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Ted designs a faulty building and the characters of HIMYM and The Big Bang Theory are all killed when it collapses in an earthquake. And at the end it goes, wait for it............

and ends without telling you about the kids.

Then there's a 60 minute documentary about liquifaction and pancaking presented by Ted where he talk about different physical and chemical techniques for anchoring buildings in soft soil.

Then a five year old terrorist flies a miniature airplane into his head, killing him.
    The worst part is that that could end up actually happening. Especially considering all this fannying around between Victoria and Ted.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe it turns out that Ted is a drugged-up homeless person who imagined it all and is telling his story to a fire hydrant and a parking meter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bpool1994)
    Or maybe it turns out that Ted is a drugged-up homeless person who imagined it all and is telling his story to a fire hydrant and a parking meter.
    HAHAHA! that would be an epic ending!!

ReputationRep:
    Lilly's Dad will break the news that Lilly, Marshall, Robyn, Ted and Barney are siblings.

Legen-waitforit-dary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Lilly's Dad will break the news that Lilly, Marshall, Robyn, Ted and Barney are siblings.

Legen-waitforit-dary
    In-waitforit-cest

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seeing as how Robin can't have children, Barney will still be able to celebrate Not-a-Father's-Day everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceyJ)
    These endings would be worse than the ending of Lost.
    Nothing could be worse than the ending of lost.

ReputationRep:
    All my friends are obsessed with The Big Bang Theory and haven't even seen this, it's so great, I just wish it was shown on TV more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Nothing could be worse than the ending of lost.
    Ending to The Sopranos maybe? Haven't seen Lost but the ending to The Sopranos was pretty terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsy)
    All my friends are obsessed with The Big Bang Theory and haven't even seen this, it's so great, I just wish it was shown on TV more
    To be honest, I think most would agree that overall TBBT is more entertaining than HIMYM. Although, seasons 1 and 2 of HIMYM were epic...

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Did noone pick up the first lines of the finale? "Which brings us to the story of a wedding day that went horribly wrong..." Robin's not going to marry Barney. She's asking to see Ted immediately before she gets married. Looks like we're getting another curve ball at the start of the next season. Stupid Robin's going to tell stupid Ted she loves him and call it off. That's where my money is, anyway. Bleh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Did noone pick up the first lines of the finale? "Which brings us to the story of a wedding day that went horribly wrong..." Robin's not going to marry Barney. She's asking to see Ted immediately before she gets married. Looks like we're getting another curve ball at the start of the next season. Stupid Robin's going to tell stupid Ted she loves him and call it off. That's where my money is, anyway. Bleh.
    Totally missed that. I really hope that doesn't happen, I'm tired of the whole Ted-Robin thing, I thought that **** was over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThaChronic)
    Ending to The Sopranos maybe? Haven't seen Lost but the ending to The Sopranos was pretty terrible.
    I've never seen the sopranos, but all I can say is, if you watch lost, watch the first 5 series' then make up your own ending

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought he was referring to Victoria's wedding. I'm sure I read before the final the writers had said before Barney will marry whoever the bride is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beebumble)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought he was referring to Victoria's wedding. I'm sure I read before the final the writers had said before Barney will marry whoever the bride is.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ooooh yeah maybe he was talking about Victoria! When he said the line the Van Smoot house (or whatever its called, where Barney's getting married) is in the background, so I assumed he was talking about that one. But yeah Victoria's wedding definitely counts as one ****ed up wedding day.

I still think the reason Robin wants to speak to Ted is because she's going to go all sappy and tell him she loves him, mind. I can totally imagine that happening. Its practically incest now.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ooooh yeah maybe he was talking about Victoria! When he said the line the Van Smoot house (or whatever its called, where Barney's getting married) is in the background, so I assumed he was talking about that one. But yeah Victoria's wedding definitely counts as one ****ed up wedding day.

I still think the reason Robin wants to speak to Ted is because she's going to go all sappy and tell him she loves him, mind. I can totally imagine that happening. Its practically incest now.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh yeah I think she might be all like "lets run away together" sort of thing but think then realise it's just nerves and will end up marrying Barney.

I think Ted needs to really get over Robin in order to fall in love with the mother. He's nearly there but I think seeing her get married will be the final piece of closure for them as couple. Then bam he meets the real woman of his dreams.

I have to ask, anyone giving this show for the upcoming season? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh my god I totally forgot about that!! :sad:

was he talking about Barney and Robin's wedding or Victoria's?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, really have to wonder what the writers are doing with Ted and Victoria first they were, then weren't, then were running away together again?! If them meeting again doesn't have any relevance toward him meeting the mother, then I'm going to be just :sigh:... it seems like the whole plot was just added in pointlessly if not. And there'll be a whole horrible bit of them realising they made a huge mistake running away at some point too, seeing as she isn't the mother..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.