Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society... watch

• View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    I've lost a lot of respect for him, it was simply selfish.
    It was si cool. That's how I'm gonna propose :colone:
    At an airport? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    At an airport? :p:
    Yep, I'll do it exactly how Barney did; because it was legend...wait for it.. dary. :p:D

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'll do it exactly how Barney did; because it was legend...wait for it.. dary. :p:D
    Good point Can't wait for the new season!

http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8

Hope it's not the last!

ReputationRep:
    Good point Can't wait for the new season!

http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8

Hope it's not the last!
    Same, its just one of the best shows ever to air in the UK. & I think I may have to watch season 8 online

ReputationRep:
    Same, its just one of the best shows ever to air in the UK. & I think I may have to watch season 8 online
    Will they not show it on TV? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Will they not show it on TV? :eek:
    Yeah, they will, but its always aired in the US like way before it is in the UK and I won't be able to wait for it when all my friends have seen it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in shock after watching that season 7 finale. Am I the only person that loves Barney and Quinn together more than him and Robin? Tbh, I think the mother is Barneys sister/ one of the bridesmaids. I hope they don't drag it on for 2 more seasons, I would actually prefer it if they just had season 8 be it, because otherwise there will be too many break ups and new relationships and it won't be as legen....
    DARY!!

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/2...other-season-9

RIP HIMYM as far as Im concerned. Will just resort to reading the plot on wiki.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/2...other-season-9

RIP HIMYM as far as Im concerned. Will just resort to reading the plot on wiki.
    Season 9... seriously WTF. Season 8 should be the last season.

ReputationRep:
    btw anyone else find Lilly REALLY annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Nope, she's too beautiful to be annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Season 9... seriously WTF. Season 8 should be the last season.
    Honestly, I can't see beyond a Season 9. Anything more would be too much.

One of the comments from that IGN article link posted above:

"I'm predicting they'll reveal the mother at the end of season 8 and spend season 9 exploring the character. There's no other way I can see it happening as leaving it til some point in the middle or even the end of season 9 would be far too late if they're to keep with the timeline. So the way I see it; season 8 will focus on Barney and Robin with season 9 focusing on Ted and the mother."

I'd agree with this completely.

ReputationRep:
    I do find her annoying a bit sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, NPH needed lots of takes to do it because it wouldn't be physically possible to do all that stuff (the key magically appearing around Quinn's neck, for instance) in real life!

(Original post by Sheldor)
    I'm still in shock after watching that season 7 finale. Am I the only person that loves Barney and Quinn together more than him and Robin? Tbh, I think the mother is Barneys sister/ one of the bridesmaids. I hope they don't drag it on for 2 more seasons, I would actually prefer it if they just had season 8 be it, because otherwise there will be too many break ups and new relationships and it won't be as legen....
    DARY!!
    The writers are actually aware of the theory that Barney's sister Carly is the mother, which means they probably won't make it her because that's what people expect now. I imagine she was probably just a red herring.

I think they could pull a season 9 off. These writers are amazing and have providing excellent storylines for seven years. They're so good with continuity, too. It's not like Friends where they couldn't even remember their own birthdays. It's one of the reasons I think HIMYM is the best show out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin Scherbatsky)

The writers are actually aware of the theory that Barney's sister Carly is the mother, which means they probably won't make it her because that's what people expect now. I imagine she was probably just a red herring.

Could be her. EVERYONE expected it to be Barney and Robin too.....

ReputationRep:
    Could be her. EVERYONE expected it to be Barney and Robin too.....
    It could, but I'm sure the writers want everyone to be surprised. If it is Carly, they'll at least try and distract us from the idea that it is her.

That's what they did with the bride mystery in season 7. Not everyone thought it was Robin. Quite a few people were sure it was Nora or Quinn.

ReputationRep:
    i love HIMYM so much! Although I think I like the idea of Barney and Nora better than BArney and Robin :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by throughthemonsoon)
    i love HIMYM so much! Although I think I like the idea of Barney and Nora better than BArney and Robin :/
    That's exactly what I said before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin Scherbatsky)
    It could, but I'm sure the writers want everyone to be surprised. If it is Carly, they'll at least try and distract us from the idea that it is her.

That's what they did with the bride mystery in season 7. Not everyone thought it was Robin. Quite a few people were sure it was Nora or Quinn.
    Who is this Carley you speak of? Have we met her? Link please!!!

ReputationRep:
    Who is this Carley you speak of? Have we met her? Link please!!!
    Carly is Barney's half-sister. In season 6 episode 19, Legendaddy, he meets with his dad and he tells him he has a half-brother called J.J., and a half-sister called Carly in college. Since the mother is apparently in college, some people think the mother is her. We've not seen her yet, though.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.