Turn on thread page Beta

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society... watch

• View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

ReputationRep:
    I was on a flight back from New York yesterday. And for the first time ever after a friend recommended this, I watched two episodes. One where Barney dated some very hot black haired girl, and another where Barney made his friend eat an exploding meatball sub. Very funny, I may watch more. Barney is great! And the girl from American Pie is always very funny!

New series

ReputationRep:
    What a cliffhanger that was for the first episode.

ReputationRep:
    Amaaazing first episode. I stayed up to watch it live, even though I had to be up at 9 the next day...worth it! I'm still reeling from how wonderful it was.

ReputationRep:
    I liked it, beginning made me rage though when

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ted walked in on Robin and Robin was talking about how she had doubts about going through with it. I was like wtf you finally just stopped teasing us with that story line and now you're going to do it again, really.

luckily though it did manage to end on a good note, loved Klaus speech.

ReputationRep:
    I am genuinely shocked that anyone enjoyed that episode. It had the exact same problems of the last few seasons, whereby they do a couple of jokes or set ups in the opening couple of minutes then just repeat them ad nauseum until the joke is completely ran into the ground.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I am genuinely shocked that anyone enjoyed that episode. It had the exact same problems of the last few seasons, whereby they do a couple of jokes or set ups in the opening couple of minutes then just repeat them ad nauseum until the joke is completely ran into the ground.
    Yup, only decent bits were Barney's 1min thing and Klaus' speech (but they even milked that by repeating the German words too many times)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Yeah, by the end of last series it had reached a low point and I should have stopped watching it probably a couple of seasons before that. I couldn't help myself checking out last night's episode and it was just the blandest, most repetative, mid-numbing drivel. The writing is now totally sub-Neighbours/Hollyoaks/Eastenders/Home and Away etc. They've ridden the same old jokes and cliffhangers for so long now that there's just nowhere to go. The only thing that would draw my attention now is if they killed one or more of them off and replaced them with characters that had some potential.

It doesn't help that the main storyline is about Ted Moseby, a man with all the edge of satsuma, a sapless ninkompoop that frankly could do HIMYM a massive favour by throwing himself from one of his, no doubt, competent but uninspiring buildings. Seriously, who actually cares how you met yet another air-headed pratt, irregarless of whether this is the one you slid your curly little pigs-willy in to produce some, urgh, little Mosebys . Kill yourself already.

ReputationRep:
    In what series do Ted and Zoey realise they are in love with each other while Marshal is at home with his mum and brothers? It was on last night on E4, I'm getting rather lost watching different seasons! When is the new season on E4? I can't watch stuff online sadly

ReputationRep:
    series 6

ReputationRep:
    Monday nights episode was a ****ing disgrace. There wasn't a single redeeming feature in the entire episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Monday nights episode was a ****ing disgrace. There wasn't a single redeeming feature in the entire episode.
    Which one was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Which one was this?
    The Pre-Nup episode. ****ing disgraceful. No emotion, no comedy, no point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    The Pre-Nup episode. ****ing disgraceful. No emotion, no comedy, no point.
    I did not see that episode. Are you sure it was on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    I did not see that episode. Are you sure it was on Monday?
    :yep: As that is what day they are aired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    :yep: As that is what day they are aired.
    You must have watched it online then

ReputationRep:
    You must have watched it online then
    Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Obviously.
    I stopped doing that last season because I kept ruining it for myself

ReputationRep:
    It seemed okay to me though they could have made it a bit more dramatic, i found the German to be quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually watch the show, because it's poo.

But I'm interested to know, have they revealed who the mother is yet? I bet it's Robin all along. I bet you.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.