Turn on thread page Beta

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society... watch

• View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

ReputationRep:
    The episodes are so lame and stale nowadays.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Is this the last series?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dagooner)
    spoiler alert dude
    It's only the episode description.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeeee:))
    Is this the last series?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nobody knows yet, its likely that if ratings are high going into next spring they will have another 1-2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeeee:))
    Is this the last series?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope season 9 will be.

I take it no one has watched the most recent episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I take it no one has watched the most recent episode.
    I have...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thought is pretty average tbh, the writing is nowhere near up to the standard of the earlier seasons and the jokes seem a little recycled and old. I feel like I'm just watching it because I want to find out who the Mother is, rather than watching it because it is hilarious (like I used to).

ReputationRep:
    I did, too undramatic.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    only conclusion i drew from the latest episode is that they want to ruin marshall. Is there any character that the writers haven't ruined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    only conclusion i drew from the latest episode is that they want to ruin marshall. Is there any character that the writers haven't ruined
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Barney? Although I'm not sure for how much longer.

ReputationRep:
    Barney was ruined a while back tbh.

The entire show needs to be put down. Just give us one episode telling us who the mother is and kill it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Barney was ruined a while back tbh.

The entire show needs to be put down. Just give us one episode telling us who the mother is and kill it off.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    People say that about every show that's airing currently. Heck, people say it all the time period. I'll never get it.

Each to their own, I guess. A few people's opinions won't stop the show going. Although why everyone wants to meet the mother so badly I don't know...I don't really care, since we know very little about her to begin with and next to nothing about her personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin Scherbatsky)
    People say that about every show that's airing currently. Heck, people say it all the time period. I'll never get it.

Each to their own, I guess. A few people's opinions won't stop the show going. Although why everyone wants to meet the mother so badly I don't know...I don't really care, since we know very little about her to begin with and next to nothing about her personality.
    That's because most American shows don't know when to quit and drag it on to long and it becomes tedious and boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    That's because most American shows don't know when to quit and drag it on to long and it becomes tedious and boring.
    Breaking Bad is the exception to this rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Breaking Bad is the exception to this rule.
    yes indeed.

ReputationRep:
    So long as ratings are good they will keep going.

I do think we judge it too harshly due to the brilliance of 1-4 and parts of 6, compared to most shows its still great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Not just American shows do that, though I would agree that's the case with some shows like Big Bang Theory...which is just not good. At all. It's not.

And then really awesome shows like Community are never given a chance. :[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    So long as ratings are good they will keep going.

I do think we judge it too harshly due to the brilliance of 1-4 and parts of 6, compared to most shows its still great.
    It really isn't though. Objectively the last couple of seasons are something I would never have carried on watching if I did not have the memories of how the characters were in the first 4 seasons.

Making Marhsall a pseudo gay racist is a bit of an odd choice as well.

(Original post by Mess.)
    The only reason why anyone is hooked to this show. It needs a resolution soon.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.