Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society... watch

• View Poll Results: who have been your favourite extras in season funf(thats 5 btw)
    Lilly's stripper lookalike :coma:
    19.25%
    mabel the barrel...:moon: memories
    9.81%
    Shinya, the random dude in robin 101
    9.43%
    The real sexless inkeeper(the fat ugly woman)
    5.28%
    Phil,the downstairs neighbour of Barney..12B from the bagpipes episode
    3.02%
    the Scuba diver
    15.47%
    The legend that is lilly's dad..in a toy making way not a abandoning father way
    7.17%
    Maggie the fittie in 'the window'
    6.79%
    Captain underpants, aka Don (robins newspartner)
    11.70%
    Jenkins
    15.09%
    The fat kid who initiates 'but umm' in Jenkins
    16.23%
    Cuk poo..ahahaha
    18.87%
    Everyone involved in the musical in 'Girls Vs Suits'
    36.98%

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watch the latest episode?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I actually really enjoyed it, thought it was more like the HIMYM I love. Admittedly some of the jokes and story lines seemed a bit old but I would be happy with some more episodes like that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Anyone watch the latest episode?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I actually really enjoyed it, thought it was more like the HIMYM I love. Admittedly some of the jokes and story lines seemed a bit old but I would be happy with some more episodes like that one.
    I liked it a lot too! You're right that it seemed more like old-school HIMYM. I really wasn't expecting Barney's speech, though.

ReputationRep:
    The episode with the Sexless inn keeper was a classic.. sooo well written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin Scherbatsky)
    I liked it a lot too! You're right that it seemed more like old-school HIMYM. I really wasn't expecting Barney's speech, though.
    Dat username!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)
    Dat username!
    I was really surprised when I found it wasn't taken! Best username ever.

ReputationRep:
    The Robin :grin:

ReputationRep:
    That episode felt much more in line with the early seasons :yep: Marshall and Lilly have now became almost 100% superfluous now though.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  6034.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  140.5 KB
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Good episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revent)
    The Robin :grin:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The two parts that I thought were really brilliant were when he burns the book as he won't be needing it anyone and that he knows he has Ted's blessing if he tells her. Great writing.
    The emotion and comedy of the episode was much more like the HIMYM of old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bord3r)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The two parts that I thought were really brilliant were when he burns the book as he won't be needing it anyone and that he knows he has Ted's blessing if he tells her. Great writing.
    The emotion and comedy of the episode was much more like the HIMYM of old.
    Definitely! I especially loved the Ted part! :love: Can't wait now for the next episode! So emotional, can't believe Barney planned all that!

It starts on E4 on Thursday the 31st at 8.30pm

ReputationRep:
    I'm restraining myself from watching them online this season... More fun to see it on T.V.

Hows the new series so far?

ReputationRep:
    People are waiting on E4 still?

It's online tonight around 2am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    I'm restraining myself from watching them online this season... More fun to see it on T.V.

Hows the new series so far?
    It doesn't have the dazzle of series 1-4 and 6 but it's not bad (lacks energy i think is the best word).

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the new series is like past half way through guys! And how is the 64 chick tournament to find Barney's sabotager not on the poll?! BEST EPISODE EVER!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Lol, the new series is like past half way through guys! And how is the 64 chick tournament to find Barney's sabotager not on the poll?! BEST EPISODE EVER!
    The poll is just episodes from season 5 (the season that was airing when this topic was made) but I love that episode too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin Scherbatsky)
    The poll is just episodes from season 5 (the season that was airing when this topic was made) but I love that episode too.
    Ahh right, it been so long the greatness of this show is just a mush in my head now. xD And I LOVED the first episode of Season 8, very powerful! Yeah the 64 chick tournament was so great;

Ted: 'TRUST ME, I WAS THERE! It's fake babyyyy!'

(Original post by Rakas21)
    People are waiting on E4 still?

It's online tonight around 2am.
    I've been watching it at US pace but my brother has been waiting. It took all strength to avoid telling him about the winter finale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I've been watching it at US pace but my brother has been waiting. It took all strength to avoid telling him about the winter finale.
    Same, E4 is months behind in the US...The winter finale was amazing :'D

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.