The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Great episode. The mother is............... hot!
Original post by Rakas21
Great episode. The mother is............... hot!

The mother is most definitely a wow moment. Had some great plot developments. I don't think it was well written though.
Reply 1022
Well, we know who the mother is. Quite an underwhelimng feeling as there's really no twist to it. She's a nothing character in the realm of the show. Should've been Victoria. :getmecoat:
Original post by 419
Well, we know who the mother is. Quite an underwhelimng feeling as there's really no twist to it. She's a nothing character in the realm of the show. Should've been Victoria. :getmecoat:

Awwww Victoria :moon:

Agree i feel a little disappointed now. Also is it me or does she look a little Alyson Hannigan :redface:
well, meh.
Original post by 419

We've known for a while that she'd be a "nothing character", at least during this season, if not an earlier one. The real underwhelming part is the lack of writing skills the writers seemed to display. They had big plot points to work with and did nothing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1026
Original post by alexs2602
We've known for a while that she'd be a "nothing character", at least this during season, if not an earlier one. The real underwhelming part is the lack of writing skills the writers seemed to display. They had big plot points to work with and did nothing.

Still doesn't stop it from being underwhelming.........
Great way to finish season 8....love the mother she looks cute!
Original post by Alleykat606
Great way to finish season 8....love the mother she looks cute!

I like her haha she is very cute. Glad they didn't go out their way to find some insanely hot supermodel and made it unrealistic but i stand by what i said She looks so much like Lily... :laugh:
I'd prefer to have found out a little more about it, or have her actually meet Ted (even if just saying hello).

I was really disappointed that they're still flogging the Ted and Robin horse. That got old about 3 seasons ago...
Reply 1030
That was an incredibly boring episode, even the reveal of the mother was meh.
the Robin and Ted thing is seriously getting boring...i thought they wouldnt reveal the mother until the final season
She is cute
I'm glad they revealed Ted's wife this episode. In contrary to what everyone else is saying I thought it was an okay episode. Obviously not nearly as good as the earlier series and yes Ted/Robin is overdone, but it was okay.

Time to put HIMYM away now. It's run it's course, season 9 should be interesting.
For me i think series 8 actually just beats series 5 and 7.
Reply 1034
Original post by Anythingoo1
I'm glad they revealed Ted's wife this episode. In contrary to what everyone else is saying I thought it was an okay episode. Obviously not nearly as good as the earlier series and yes Ted/Robin is overdone, but it was okay.

Time to put HIMYM away now. It's run it's course, season 9 should be interesting.

I promise you it won't be.

Original post by Rakas21
For me i think series 8 actually just beats series 5 and 7.

I'd be able to comment if I actually have any recollection of those seasons.
I'm interested to see how far they'll take the final season. Is Ted going to meet his wife early on in the season so we can see their relationship develop? And how far is it going to take it - their wedding perhaps? :beard:
Original post by Feefifofum
I'm interested to see how far they'll take the final season. Is Ted going to meet his wife early on in the season so we can see their relationship develop? And how far is it going to take it - their wedding perhaps? :beard:

Probably wedding. I always assumed that they'd show Ted's wife at the very end of the last episode of the last season or even not show her face properly, just imply that that's where they met, and end it there, but now that this has happened, I would expect a wedding, yes.
Reply 1037
The last episode was good(at least one episode this season was!). Great to see the mother! I have a feeling the last season will only take place during the 56 hours leading up to the wedding, that'd be interesting. I don't know what they're doing with Ted and Robin though, but I think Ted will meet the mother and eventually get over Robin.
Reply 1038
Original post by 419
I promise you it won't be.

I'd be able to comment if I actually have any recollection of those seasons.

I feel exactly the same. I think Stella was during one of those seasons. But apart from that I have nothing on the last few seasons. Whereas it is still easy to remember the Blue Horn and the red cowboy boots from earlier seasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Series 5 was the one where Robin and Barney were together, series 7 was the one where Robin was with that Asian Bloke.

Quick Reply

Latest