Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do these go and do they show up on job or uni applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    Having never had one, I'm not entirely sure but I'd imagine it would depend on a few factors:

What it was for?
    The severity of whatever it was for?
    How long ago you go it?
    What your punishment was?
    Was a record made on your file?

If the answer to the last one is 'yes', it will show up on your record but from what I remember from my General Studies module on the law, a caution serves as a warning BEFORE an actual punishment/prosecution, so potentially it won't show up on your records. I know most employers do ask about your criminal record and I'd imagine if you were to want employment where an enhanced CRB check is required, (criminal records check, for a social care position, working with children, working for the government) it may show up then.

Try not to get in trouble with the law and your life will be infinitely easier!

ReputationRep:
    today and joyriding

I know not if a record was made, but details were taken and a fine was received and car was impounded.

ReputationRep:
    today and joyriding

I know not if a record was made, but details were taken and a fine was received and car was impounded.
    If you get fined it is quite likely.

ReputationRep:
    today and joyriding

Then it is likely, yes.

I know the government has recently clamped down on motoring offences, espcially in young people. Too many accidents happen on the roads today due to inexperience and selfless acts like speeding and "joyriding"...

I hope a record was made and that maybe it'll stop you repeating the offence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)
    Then it is likely, yes.

I know the government has recently clamped down on motoring offences, espcially in young people. Too many accidents happen on the roads today due to inexperience and selfless acts like speeding and "joyriding"...

Don't you think it would work quite the opposite? Fundamental problem in the justice system. They should have executed me and all the towns first borns.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think it would work quite the opposite? Fundamental problem in the justice system. They should have executed me and all the towns first borns.
    Hardly.

People need to be made aware of how dangerous their actions are. If offenders have a conscience, as it sounds as if you do (asking if you have a criminal record would suggest you care?) they understand their warning and do not commit the same offence again. If they, however, merely view the warning as getting off scott-free, then yes, a harsher penalty is needed!

Killing first borns is a little extreme...

ReputationRep:
    Then it is likely, yes.

Complete illogical gibber gabber. Also you mean selfish rather than selfless - a mistake in contrast to 'typo'. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    He's a troll.

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    He's a troll.

:yawn:
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby sexy)
    Complete illogical gibber gabber. Also you mean selfish rather than selfless - a mistake in contrast to 'typo'. :facepalm2:
    Apologies for my "mistake in contrast to 'typo'". It's late and my brain doesn't tend to function as well when I'm tired.

Hardly "illogical gibber gabber".... How so?

ReputationRep:
    How so?
    Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

If it's any consolation, atleast I think you're funny. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for my "mistake in contrast to 'typo'". It's late and my brain doesn't tend to function as well when I'm tired.

Hardly "illogical gibber gabber".... How so?
    I sympathise with you

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise with you

in an unrelated matter please can I have some rep, the liberals have all but zero'd me
    Thanks for the understading.

I can't give any more rep today and in all honesty, it would have been negative for "joyriding"...

Good Luck with your criminal record/warning/fine/car being impounded.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the understading.

I can't give any more rep today and in all honesty, it would have been negative for "joyriding"...

Good Luck with your criminal record/warning/fine/car being impounded.
    Ok I will edit my post before I get a rep whoring warning. Thanks for acknowledging my understanding.

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't show up on your uni application per se.

The only way the university should know is if you are required to do a CRB check (criminal record check). I had to do one of these for medicine.

I'm pretty sure universities don't ask you if you have a criminal record.

You do have to inform employers though.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I will edit my post before I get a rep whoring warning. Thanks for acknowledging my understanding.
    :facepalm:

Shame you can still see it in the quote in my post...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

If it's any consolation, atleast I think you're funny. :giggle:
    Lol, honestly I'm not a troll, but at least you think I'm funny, right!!

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

Shame you can still see it in the quote in my post...
    it's 2:22 am, the Mods should be weary and scarce on their rounds.

ReputationRep:
    It'll appear on a CRB check. I don't think it will show up on a Uni application. If a job requests you do a CRB check then yeah, they'll know.

and you'll have to declare it when applying for insurance, as it's a driving offence.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.