Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have red-rose coloured cheeks when I start masturbating or exert exercise. Had it for 5 years now, last time when I went India, I bought a soap which had 5% azelaic acid which I used on my face and it 'bleached' my face somewhat and my spots had gone and rosacea was going. Azelaic acid is a stated treatment for rosacea on wiki.

I came back, had none left and after so many years my rosacea is back like before. I went to the docs and told him I want azelaic acid but he said he can't give that to me because my roascea looks mild anyway. I told him, I've tried the metronidazole topical already, didnt help so he told me he'll give me clindamycin, I said I've tried that aswell. He prescribed me Dalacin T.

Apparently, dalacin T is clindamycin in disguise. Did the doc just want to get rid of me? :confused: Anyone know if apart from the two I've already mentioned, if theres any other treatment?

I told him to prescribe me spironolactone and the cheek of him told me 'You wana become a doc??'

ReputationRep:
    Finacea(containing Az. acid) is readily available as a rosacea treatment in the uk, it's hardly lethal; no doctor will refuse you it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cavatina)
    Finacea(containing Az. acid) is readily available as a rosacea treatment in the uk, it's hardly lethal; no doctor will refuse you it!
    Why the hell did this doc refuse it to me then?!! I told him clearly, to make it even more likely he wont refuse it to me, I said to him that my dad had rosacea and he used Az acid and his got better, by the logic that rosacea has a genetic component, he should've then prescribed me it, but ... nooo. I'm pissed of now. I also stated to him '5% Az acid', which is really low dose.

:mad:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.