Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Yeah that's what she said aswell. Has the time changed aswell ?
    Not sure! Just check on the site.

ReputationRep:
    HIM
    in march hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadlokIV)
    Your avatar proves that your friends' music taste sucks ass. Jesus is now crying.
    I know, I know, isn't it tragic? I bet he's slaughtering kittens too.
    My first gig could have been Trivium which they so kindly invited me to.. As much as I enjoy a night out with friends, I had to politely decline.

ReputationRep:
    Thefirst one I've actually got a ticket for is Muse in september. But despire it being an amazing start to 2010 I'd rather I saw something before then. Maybe Hadouken or Hot Chip; they're on soon

ReputationRep:
    jamie t 3rd feb! :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    I know, I know, isn't it tragic? I bet he's slaughtering kittens too.
    My first gig could have been Trivium which they so kindly invited me to.. As much as I enjoy a night out with friends, I had to politely decline.
    I'm going to assume that politely declining involves violently waving a hammer in their general direction. Please?

In all seriousness, i'm not sure I could handle Trivium as my 2010 first. So good call. Sort out your funds and go loop fest this july in brighton. Squarepusher shall be rocking out there.

I went to a Portishead gig in my room this evening. They played a couple of songs I'd heard before, as well as several classics.

It was awesome!

Hadouken, BMTH and Slipknot were supporting too. :top:

Oh and CSS dropped a few of their Brazilian beats down. :awesome:

I think Shy FX (Orginal Nuttah!) showed up, briefly. And how could I forget Pendulum?!

ReputationRep:
    The only Gigg you'll ever need !!

ReputationRep:
    Well, i've only got one gig lined up for 2010 and that's Muse at Wembley Stadium (woo!) but i was thinking of seeing Jamie Cullum before that but haven't actually got any tickets yet. I'll see what's coming up in the guildhall too because that's easy to get to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadlokIV)
    I'm going to assume that politely declining involves violently waving a hammer in their general direction. Please?

In all seriousness, i'm not sure I could handle Trivium as my 2010 first. So good call. Sort out your funds and go loop fest this july in brighton. Squarepusher shall be rocking out there.
    It'd be quite a brutal way to start my gig-going year.. not the good kind of brutal. Is there a good kind? I'm not sure.
    Ahhh, that would be sweet! My festival funds will probably be directed towards Latitude though, for the glorious variety it offers, and multicoloured sheep to boot. And that it's only down the road, but ah well. Perhaps if I find it in me to get a job I may be able to stump up the funds for more than one festival anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I went to a Portishead gig in my room this evening. They played a couple of songs I'd heard before, as well as several classics.

It was awesome!

Hadouken, BMTH and Slipknot were supporting too. :top:

Oh and CSS dropped a few of their Brazilian beats down. :awesome:

I think Shy FX (Orginal Nuttah!) showed up, briefly. And how could I forget Pendulum?!
    Hadouken have a new album coming out on monday! I'm really hoping to see them touring this year.. outside my bedroom

(Original post by Pheonixx)
    Hadouken have a new album coming out on monday! I'm really hoping to see them touring this year.. outside my bedroom
    wow you have leet posts!

Hmm. They had their EP, then the album with the long name in it, so this is their third?

ReputationRep:
    Saw Thrice in Leeds last week, really good gig :-)

Got InMe in Feb, Biffy Clyro in April, and Muse in September all to look forward to!

ReputationRep:
    so far my first gig is going to be Pendulum in may.

ReputationRep:
    Lostprophets in a couple weeks, and maybe Cobra Starship the day before, depends how i feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    wow you have leet posts!

Hmm. They had their EP, then the album with the long name in it, so this is their third?
    Is an EP an album? They've released a few EPs, I don't have em though. This one will be their second 'official' album

(Original post by Pheonixx)
    Is an EP an album? They've released a few EPs, I don't have em though. This one will be their second 'official' album
    I seeee

I didn't realise EPs weren't official albums. But yes, I've found a few of their songs quite randomly. Like The Bounce. I don't remember how I got that.

ReputationRep:
    I was at a gig on NYE; Ou est le swimmng pool, Reverend and the Makers, Example.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be The Sunshine Underground in two weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    Green Day in Hong Kong

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.