Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda-ae)
    Cool, so you think I should ring Trinity not CAO?

And I suppose I do have a good reason, as basically I don't want to be 17 at Uni

Thanks for your advice everyone, any massive faux pas (apart from the obvious 'paddy' which has been pointed out numerous times :P) - and any good, fairly concise (sort of A-level or equivalent standard) Irish history books any knows of so I could brush up before I went out?
    Jonathan Bardon - A History of Ireland in 250 episodes. This will give you an overview of most of the most important parts of Irish history. You will find (if you didn't grow up in Ireland) that Irish history is very different and much more expansive than you could ever know. This book is excellent because the writer covers subjects throughout Irish history in 1-2 page max. It goes thru Irish history in a linear pattern so you see it evolve. The short chapters allows you to get a great overview. After reading the book, you can then search out other reading on an area that you find interesting. This book really is a must.

http://www.gillmacmillan.ie/history/...n-250-episodes

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126118244102725&v= app_2373072738&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=126118244102725&v= info&ref=ts

Hi there!!!
    I'm starting PPES (philo, pol-sci, econ and socio) in spet 2010!! this is a facebook group to meet other freshers 2010!! please join!! i know nobody!! im from northern ireland and dont know dublin at all!! someone neeeds to show me the city xxxx

ReputationRep:
    are students from England considered as international students at Trinity? I cant quite understand the website

ReputationRep:
    No, students from England are EU students - UK is in the EU

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.