Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I was at that gig. Epicness
    lol I've always said to people I meet at Muse gigs that seeing Muse spoils all other gigs for you. I'm glad they weren't my first
    Very much so, although, i guess it makes you appreciate good live bands even more! Still, awesome first gig and muscle museum *drools*.

ReputationRep:
    Athlete, Birmingham Academy '06. Oh the shame!

ReputationRep:
    Klaxons. I can't remember when, but just after Myths of the Near Future came out.

ReputationRep:
    First gig: The Black Crusade, Birmingham NEC, 2007; Machine Head, Trivium, Arch Enemy, DragonForce, Shadows Fall.
    Absolutely amazing, and my favourate gig of all time.

Though Lamb of God were pretty damn Awesome too at Defenders of The Faith Tour, Manchester Academy, 2009; Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Unearth, Five Finger Death Punch

But also 36 Crazyfists were friggin Awesome at Wolvo Wulfren, 2009.

ReputationRep:
    I was at the NEC muse gig in 2006, amazzzzzzzzing.
    my first gig though was echo and the bunnymen when I was 11- my dad took me
    First gig I went to with friends was the cribs, kaiser chiefs and maximo park nme tour 05?
    more for the cribs than anything else

ReputationRep:
    The Prodigy when I was 6 (in 1996) with my mum.
    I used to love telling people about that, and completely forgot about it until now. =p

Don't know what my best gig was. Sikth would've been better if I'd known more songs. Reuben was alright but we were quite far back. Sepultura were reeeeally good, saw them at Academy Islington and was right at the front. Brilliant gig.
    I don't know, there've been loads of great ones. Can't decide on the best one.

ReputationRep:
    S Club 7, it was amazinggg :awesome:

But my first real gig was Get Cape Wear Cape Fly with support from Jeremy Warmsley and Kate Nash, about four years ago. So I was about 14.

Fortunately, I'm getting progressively more hardcore.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, who knows. My parents took me to gigs when I was really little so I could've been any age really.

ReputationRep:
    Maximo Park when i was 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surrealdelirium)
    The Prodigy when I was 6 (in 1996) with my mum.
    I used to love telling people about that, and completely forgot about it until now. =p

Don't know what my best gig was. Sikth would've been better if I'd known more songs. Reuben was alright but we were quite far back. Sepultura were reeeeally good, saw them at Academy Islington and was right at the front. Brilliant gig.
    I don't know, there've been loads of great ones. Can't decide on the best one.
    I saw Ruben last year, they are still as good as they were years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Disney Channel kids awards when I was 10 lol! Then HearSay or steps.

Guess first proper gig was The Acadamy Is with Panic supporting in Jan 2005 & FOB 2 days later

ReputationRep:
    Oasis with my dad, I was about ten ish?

It was part of Party in the Park I think. In Regents Park - my dad worked in a hotel opposite, and all the security and stuff were staying inside the place so my dad got loads of spare tickets from them. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Seeing him tonight.
    amazing gig - even better in small venue!

ReputationRep:
    'Tenacious D time, you motherf***er go... f*** YEAH!!!'

I were 16 at the time and it was immense

ReputationRep:
    13, Franz Ferdinand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I saw Ruben last year, they are still as good as they were years ago.
    I want to rephrase what I said. They were VERY good. They always are. Just a shame our place in the crowd wasn't great (we had beers, and we didn't want to spill them!)
    Shame they're not together anymore. I would love to see them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    Spice Girls.
    hahaha spice girls too for me!

at wembley stadium too so not too shabby, i was only 6 tbf!

ReputationRep:
    The Cat Empire at Bristol Carling Academy in 2006 when I was 14/15 C: Amaaaaazing night. Front row with my 5 best friends and...erm...my parents haha.
    I feel really late compared to some of you though XD

ReputationRep:
    ermm boy kill boy when i was like 13..

ReputationRep:
    Never been to one .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.