Turn on thread page Beta

First gig you went to watch

ReputationRep:
    My first one was Busted Haha

ReputationRep:
    I think I was... 13 maybe, and I went to see Polysics. My god. What an introduction to gigs.

After that it was just metal gigs for a few years (Architects [went with my friend as she's the sister of two members], Johnny Truant, Ghost of a Thousand [awful] etc.) Make Good Your Escape, then Goldie Lookin' Chain, The Streets, Calvin Harris and Frankmusik.

ReputationRep:
    15 years old - imogen heap

was a bit late xD I was 15
    band i was into at the time called Air Traffic =D
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Elliot Minor with Anberlin + The Hot Melts supporting when I was 15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthevet123)
    GIAN 2007 2008 was where I met my first gf though 2009 was when I realised i'm not a 15 year old emo anymore though I can define my life through Give it a name...dont know if thats a gd or bad thing.
    Hah that's quite cool.

I'm also starting to realise I'm no longer a weemo :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin_love)
    My first gig was Spice Girls too I was 8 though! Just out of interest when did you go? I went in 1999 or 2000 (I think it was in the winter, so more likely to be 1999)
    I think it must have been 1998 in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Kanye West - 15 years old

Good times... until the beer cans started flying in our direction :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Musical Box (Genesis Tribute Band) when I was 12 or 13 I think. I believe it was at Liverpool Philharmonic.

They played the whole of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, followed by The Musical Box and Watcher Of The Skies.
    If I'd gone now I would definately have appreciated it more, at the time I only knew a handful of the songs.

Best gig I've been to was probably Wishbone Ash in '08, or Amon Amarth on Halloween '09

ReputationRep:
    I saw Britney when I was about 9 ¬__¬
    Went on to see RHCP supported by Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Electric 6 and others when I was 11 though (:

ReputationRep:
    Mine was HIM at Norwich in 2004 - then Dizzee Rascal a couple of days later then the Rasmus - what a week!

ReputationRep:
    Keane, Manchester, 2004. I was 13.

Best gig has been Reuben, Manchester, April 2008.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, mine is cringeworthy......

When i was 7 i was hauled along with my parents and grandparents to a Julio Iglesias gig in Spain :laugh:

Ohhhh what an epic first gig to have a claim on

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 (kinda late because I've always been a social retard/hermit) and I saw D'espairsRay at the Carling Academy Islington.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and i'm going to my first gig on 4th Febraury to see Lostprophets which have Kids In Glass Houses as a warm up band

ReputationRep:
    Ozzfest 2001. I was 15. Black Sabbath, Soulfly, Slipknot, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Black Label Society, Raging Speedhorn, Hed PE...

It was immense for a mini mosher like me back then!

ReputationRep:
    Dead Kennedys at Norwich Waterfront, 27th June 2002.
    Still the tightest punk/hardcore band I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    mcfly- 2008, i was 18.

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein in Cardiff in 2005, spectacular show indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Caliban, Chimaira, Lacuna Coil and In Flames at the Hammersmith Apollo in London.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.