Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Why do some of you wear ridiculously short skirts? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Wear skimpy clothing and expect a lot of attention. That's kind of the idea isn't it? Why else would you wear a mini skirt (if you can even call it a skirt) in this weather? Just be prepared to deal with it, or change how you dress.
    I wear short skirts because that's the style that I like. I wouldn't wear them without tights because it's so cold, but I don't wear them in an attempt to attract sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Aimee-)
    I think guys will never understand that when a girl makes an effort on her appearance, it is not for a reaction from guys. I couldn't care less if I get hit on by random guys or not. Sure, it's nice, it boosts my confidence, blablabla. However, if I don't get flirted with one day, I am not going to go home, cry and put on a shorter skirt the next day. In my mind, if I think I look good in the clothes I'm wearing, then that's all that matters. As with everything, some people are going to like it and some aren't, worrying about who appreciates your clothes is a waste of time.
    you're trying to impress though aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    I lot of the time it isn't for attention; people are completely wrong. They do it because they like to show themselves off. No different to how so many people put their grades in ther sigs on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care, what difference does it make? Vanity is a trait shared by all humans, there's nothing wrong with it, some females wear short skirts to impress men and some dont. You happen to not wear short clothing, what do you want a ******* cookie. This forum becomes particularly irritating with its particularly high frequency of pompous, self righteous, pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who constantly critique the conservative cultures of others yet seem all to keen to sit upon the elevated throne of moral superiority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    They are desperate, 90% of the time.
    I couldnt disagree more.

Some girls like to look good, or wear skimpy stuff. They are generally flirty, confident and out going. Most do NOT do it for attention or for sex, and generally they are either in a relationship or have no shortage of potential partners.

All the girls Ive ever been interested in bar 2 have been the whole "short skirt, skimpy top, blonde hair" look, and non of them were desperate or after attention. They were just confident enough in their figure to wear what they liked without worrying about how they were perceived by others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivvling)
    Isn't it easier to rape a girl in a short skirt then a girl in jeans?
    Probably depends whether you have weapons

Edit: or rohypnol

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't get love at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    you're trying to impress though aren't you?
    It's neither a yes or no, because that question does not cross my mind when it comes to clothing, or in fact, pretty much everything else. I believe in self-actualisation; and looking my best forms a part of that. Who am I supposed to impress exactly when I improve an aspect of my person? I do things, and I do them to my best, because I can.

ReputationRep:
    Because I am an attention whore.

They want you to see clunge.

ReputationRep:
    Because that's what they choose to wear. Plus its always a bonus seeing a bit of arse cheek on the tube home

ReputationRep:
    One reason is that ridiculously short skirts look better on women than they do on men.

Skirts that hang just a little bit north of the knee and not too short are better.

Though if girls want to wear them, why not? They get attention that they often desire and it doesn't look bad I guess, unless they're overweight and/or above the age of 40.

ReputationRep:
    I think the intention would be evident in the entire outfit. If you wear one with a clingfilm boob tube then you might get cars crawling next to you. I sometimes wear them because it can get hot outside/in clubs and it's nice to feel feminine and bare your legs, not because I'm looking to get laid. I doubt every guy with big arms wears tight fitting vests with the intention of being shagged by a 50-year-old woman...

ReputationRep:
    It makes them feel better about themselves because... it attracts more men.
    They're competing with their friends... for male attention
    They think it looks good... because men have been giving them the eye and like what they see.
    As much as girls claim it has nothing to do with male attention, all the reasons that they give in which they claim it's not male attention in effect points directly at approval from men.
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    On my commute back from work today (at stupid-o'clock on a Friday I know) there were a group of three girls who walked into the station, all wearing quite short skirts. Well, two of them were quite short, but for one of them it was like "Whoa! Far too much information!!!"

So...girls...why do (some of) you do it?
    If you've got it flaunt it. I like it when good looking guys compliment me and they are more likely to do so if I wear revealing clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Aimee-)
    It's neither a yes or no, because that question does not cross my mind when it comes to clothing...
    BS

ReputationRep:
    On my commute back from work today (at stupid-o'clock on a Friday I know) there were a group of three girls who walked into the station, all wearing quite short skirts. Well, two of them were quite short, but for one of them it was like "Whoa! Far too much information!!!"

because they are sluts who are begging for attention!
    same sluts, who would cry rape!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    If you've got it flaunt it. I like it when good looking guys compliment me and they are more likely to do so if I wear revealing clothes.
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    BS
    Right, because you expect other people to judge you on the way you dress, or the way you do whatever, so it automatically applies to everyone else too.

Congratulations for winning the generalisation of the year award. Now you can go ahead and devote even more of your time to pleasing people you don't know. We wish you the best of luck

ReputationRep:

hahah i am in no doubt that you would call some of my skirts short, but i dont think any of them are 'too' short; nothing i cant comfortably bend over in
    and contrary to seemingly everyones belief on here, i dont do it for attention - maybe i just like the skirt? id like to think i didnt have to rely on my looks to get a males attention.
    also, i think my legs are one of my best features and so wearing a shorter skirt may make me feel more confident in my appearance - in the same way that other girls may wear low cut tops, which i never do.
    but please dont try to link skirt length with morals, or standards, or anything of the sort

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong at all, the shorter the better.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.