The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lefty Leo
To give 12 year olds hardons.

Works on 22 year olds too... :awesome:
Reply 61
If it was socially acceptable for a man to wear a short skirt, then I would.
Reply 62
:awesome:
:rofl: those 3 girls have caused 66 people to read this thread and talk about them (so far), and you actually ask why they dress like that?? The fact is, they spent about 3 seconds putting on those skirts... and look at what it has caused on tsr :laugh:

I don't wear short skirts because I don't enjoy male attention. Sorry, no offence, but it's true. I prefer gay clubs. I prefer being thought of as a minger. Genuinely, I do. But (maybe?) that's because I have a boyfriend, for a hell of a lot of girls it makes perfect sense to enjoy a bit of flattery, a few free drinks, and that's the end of it. They go home and fall asleep after having had a great night. They wake up, go to uni and have a normal life. If there are a few male suckers who treat them differently because of it then that's your problem not theirs. :dontknow:
They wear it because they want to, i hate these type of questions and im a guy, you should wear whatever you feel like, as long as you arent hurting anyone
Reply 65
I think it's amusing seeing girls that shows off half of their bum cheeks :tongue: And then they lean over the bar, and then you get the whole thing :P

No, but really, I have some long tops as you would call it, or short dresses that goes like halfway down to my knees. If their any shorter I usually wear my tight black shorts under, or tights. I always wear tights tho, but if they're not that short, I wear them see-through tights. I feel way to naked without tights when I go out.

I do agree with you tho, somewhat. I mean, guys wear shirts and jeans, and I feel I stick out in the crowd if I actually wear jeans/pants/black tights, even now in january! It's a bit ridiculous really..

Went to my lecture the other day in a long uni hoodie and black tights with, and I felt stupid cos I wasn't wearing more clothes, but on my way to the lecture I saw that most girls was wearing a LOT less than me.. Like them girls with singlets, tutu'ish skirts and bare thighs.. and no jacket.. to a lecture.. I dunno why..
its not always about attention...some people are really sincerely worried that they are not attractive enough and if they have nice long thin legs, then why not show them off to the best of their ability.
Kendun
If it was socially acceptable for a man to wear a short skirt, then I would.

Don't let that stop you.
Reply 68
I find some of the replies here horrible. 'They gonna get raped. I like to stare but they're desperate/sluts/not wife material.'

Wearing clothes that I like is very important to me. This is partly because I didn't really have clothes growing up. Until I was around 16, I only wore the clothes that we were given by other families whose children had grown out of them. Ill-fitting old clothes and not many of them, I had maybe 2 outfits I wasn't ashamed to wear in public which obviously made being social difficult.
So when I could afford to buy myself a new wardrobe, I tried to find things I really liked and were worth spending money on, which was hard and took time.
I like pretty dresses that are not low-cut or tight. It is very hard to find anything decent that suits/fits me and isn't short - have you tried?! Being short myself I look ridiculous in most long dresses. Mid-length things that are pretty are relatively hard to come by. I have a few longer things that I found which do look good, but most of the stuff I really liked because of the shape, colours, patterns and design was short. It doesn't show off my figure really because it's pretty lose so you can't see my actual waist/chest. I would be very upset if people saw me as desperate, easy, not wife or friend material...
This kind of thing:

This is my shortest skirt, it's a cute colour [pale blue stripey :cute:] and shape with the pleats - which is honestly why I like it:

It covers me but I am also aware it is quite short so I don't bend over, I bend my knees to pick things up - and I don't ever get drunk and lose control of myself. No one ever sees anything they shouldn't of mine. I'm not confident or flirty either.

Would people really see me as desperate for male attention? It really isn't that, at all.
Hopefully my pictures prove that the assumption of short = slut is ridiculous?
Because they want to pull.
...Because there IS a god :biggrin: :biggrin:
Meus
To seek social approval and admiration in the form of glaring/staring eyes. Guys will stare alright but she won't be their first choice as wife-material
For once, I agree with Meus.
Because god loves us?
Ribbits
I find some of the replies here horrible. 'They gonna get raped. I like to stare but they're desperate/sluts/not wife material.'

Would people really see me as desperate for male attention? It really isn't that, at all.

Beautifull dress, and I absolutely agree with you- short doesnt always equal slutty, and I always wear tights/leggings with my short dresses, nor do I wear it for stares
Ribbits
While I can see your post is heartfelt (and your skirts aren't really that short[and you don't look like a slag in the slightest]), I'm sorry to say it's irrelevant. Everyone must surely know that not every single girl who wears short skirts is going to drop 'em in the toilets for random strangers. OP, and all replies here, are necessarily generalisations as they're answers to a question that required a generalisation. The purpose of a generalisation is to be able to draw conclusions from a premise and accepting that this is a general rule so that you are able to find a useful conclusion. It wouldn't be a proper answer if someone said "They're all going to get raped, oh, but I'm not generalising so don't include ribbits in that." Generalisations aren't bad things at all if you are able to understand that if you are a member of a group being generalised that the purpose of a generalisation is to find information, not to draw a definitive picture of absolutely everyone in that group's behaviour.
Reply 75
Bagration
While I can see your post is heartfelt (and your skirts aren't really that short[and you don't look like a slag in the slightest]), I'm sorry to say it's irrelevant. Everyone must surely know that not every single girl who wears short skirts is going to drop 'em in the toilets for random strangers. OP, and all replies here, are necessarily generalisations as they're answers to a question that required a generalisation. The purpose of a generalisation is to be able to draw conclusions from a premise and accepting that this is a general rule so that you are able to find a useful conclusion. It wouldn't be a proper answer if someone said "They're all going to get raped, oh, but I'm not generalising so don't include ribbits in that." Generalisations aren't bad things at all if you are able to understand that if you are a member of a group being generalised that the purpose of a generalisation is to find information, not to draw a definitive picture of absolutely everyone in that group's behaviour.

Fair enough. Although I think as far as generalisations go it is inaccurate too, I don't think I'm exceptional - I think the majority of girls wearing short dresses/skirts aren't particularly seeking attention? Perhaps I just don't notice.
Reply 76
Ribbits

They look nice btw.

Anywho, is anyone seriously complaining about short skirts???

I think so long as the person wearing them is suitable i.e. not fat, then they can look really attractive. I think for someone to assume something about someone's personality because of what they wear is retarded.

either way *shwiiing* :biggrin:
... because I have nice legs :h:
At the end of the day it depends how you wear it.

I think the pictures Ribbit posted come across as really cute and sweet not slutty at all.

It depends how you wear the out fit. For example if you were wearing this:

I would say it is begging for attention - but it depends how the girl, walks, looks, talks, acts etc.

I do not see anything wrong with it - if the girl wants to wear it - you go girl! But if not its up to her.

Personally for me - I am not really comfortable wearing short short skirls. I love pencil skirts though!

For me I wear pencil skirts and it's not for men at all - I do it for myself as I love fashion!

hehe :biggrin:
Reply 79
I'd have no problem with it if it was summer or an odd hot day. But in winter it's not the most sensible choice, so yeah attention.

Latest

Trending

Trending