Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's attention, mainly from men but also for other women to admire them , to say it's a style or they feel comfortable or something is totally rubbish. The girls here saying it's not about being sexy and getting notice are being rather coy. Especially right now when it is still very cold, it's all about one thing.Doesn't mean though ,they all want sex, and thats the reason for the choice of clothing or lack of it.

In fact I'd wager most wouldn't go that far, they just want to feel sexy,it doesn't give any excuse for a rapist or anything.To all the guys saying that, so if you went jogging in the street and some queer raped you and said he couldn't resist bumming you because you looked so good in those tight shorts,that would be okay?. Don't see anything wrong with that or people admitting it.

I was waiting in a queue the other day behind a girl with a belt for a skirt and **** me pumps at three in the afternoon. I enjoyed the view of her butt crack and pert bottom but there were some tuts from the mums with kids in the queue. It was obvious why she was dressed liked that as she kept looking back at me and bending over ,wiggling her bottom. She had a bloke with her too.

ReputationRep:
    By accident. I have long legs and sometimes don't realise how short a skirt is until I'm wearing it properly and not just trying it on.

ReputationRep:
    short skirts are fine although wearing them in winter without a good pair of legging or even tights on is attention seeking. But for summer yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    On my commute back from work today (at stupid-o'clock on a Friday I know) there were a group of three girls who walked into the station, all wearing quite short skirts. Well, two of them were quite short, but for one of them it was like "Whoa! Far too much information!!!"

So...girls...why do (some of) you do it?
    attention grabbing whores (y) plus todays society has plummeted due to media and the uprising of the whole Emo and Chav subsets which for some reason people think they need to belong to !?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    To seek social approval and admiration in the form of glaring/staring eyes. Guys will stare alright but she won't be their first choice as wife-material
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't understand how dangerous it is. There are too many nasty people on the streets who would be enticed by girls wearing clothes like this, yet they carry on stumbling around the streets at all hours.
    It's a mystery.

ReputationRep:
    I like short shorts lol

short skirts aren't as good as a nice pair of shorts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianaluvsu)
    thank u!!..lol.. am reading some other comments and am like wtf? i wear shorts skirts because i like the way they look, i am the one wearing my clothes arent i?. i dont wake up in the morning and think "oh i better wear a short skirt so that the dudes in skl will check me out." i think clothes are one of the ways u can express ur personality , mood etc. obviosly if ur too scandalous u might draw too much attention, i for one wear tights and leggings undrneath sometimes. i think if ur comfortable then F**K wat the world thinks!.. i have gone back in my closet to change my clothes because i thought they were a bit too much or smthng. but only becuse I thought so!!.:mad: :eek3: :woo:
    I know right! Have you read half of these comments, they're so obnoxiously dumb!

1. As you's are obviously far too good to wear a skirt + tights in the winter you wont know this, but tights are actually quite warm. Tights can sometimes be warmer than jeans, and they are more comfortable because of the material used.
    2. I, and I'm sure other girls, actually have a sense of fashion. When we wear short skirts it's usually put with other clothing which make it look best, alongside accesories. There are few ways to play with fashion and skirts are just one of them.
    3. When I wear a skirt I really don't want sex from you. So don't flatter yourself. We're not all ****s.
    4. You can tell a **** by the way she acts. If she goes out of her way to let you see beneath her skirt then that pretty much suggests she's one. Don't group us all together. Let me repeat, not all of us want to sleep with you! You delude your ego into thinking that. It's not about you.
    5. If we wanted to look sexy, we wouldn't need to wear skirts. There are other outfits which do it just fine, :rolleyes:

Be more open minded people. It's a skirt. Deal with it. She's probably wearing it because she can, because it looks cute, because she has a nice outfit to go with it, not because she so desperately wants you... if she wanted you I'm sure she'd find ways to approach you. Because she generally hasn't, accept it.

ReputationRep:
    They want to be considered sexually atractive to other people as a natural instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    ... because I have nice legs
    Prove it :awesome:

*waiting for pics*

ReputationRep:
    I wear short skirts (talking about way up my thigh) because I love my legs and longer skirts just dont suit me. Also, Due to being about 7" taller than the average UK female, skirts have a tendency to look shorter on me, than on those of the average height.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear short skirts cuz I have horrible legs. I don't really care if anyone else does, although sometimes it's quite funny to see girls out shivering in the freezing cold with a short skirt and no tights/leggings on. They must be crazy.

Attention obviously :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I have long legs compared to my body so normal length shirts tend to look quite short on me. I don't do it for attention because I feel insulted if a passing car honks its horn. It's degrading but I'm not going to change the way I dress because some idiot tries to objectify me. Besides, once women reach a certain age, society would be disgusted if they went out wearing a short skirt so they feel they might as well wear them as much as possible while they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    On my commute back from work today (at stupid-o'clock on a Friday I know) there were a group of three girls who walked into the station, all wearing quite short skirts. Well, two of them were quite short, but for one of them it was like "Whoa! Far too much information!!!"

So...girls...why do (some of) you do it?
    I'm assuming you are a homosexual? A heterosexual man would never complain over the shortness of a girl's skirt. (Apart from his girlfriend's or family member)

ReputationRep:
    I wear very short skirts clubbing. This is because I've got good legs, a nice bum and I think longer skirts somehow make me look frumpy.

It's not because I'm desperate, a skank or an attention seeker. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Attention whores. A friend if mine at school used to do that. She definitely got more attention than me cause of it too

I dont wear skirts, but do wear some very almost non-visible shorts for a night out. But my boyfriend doesnt mind and im anything but an attention seeking slut

ReputationRep:
    to keep their minge at optimum temperature

ReputationRep:
    Could've been prostitutes?

ReputationRep:
    Enables the young ladies to run faster.

And because of it, they may have to. :teeth:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.