The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I tend to wear short skirts in the summer, just because it means I'm not as hot, and to get a bit of sun to my legs :p: I rarely wear really short skirts in the winter though.
It's natural for them.
I wore a short skirt in the summer once because it was hot! Wsn't really really short though...just abover half way up my thigh. But didn't like the attention so have not worn one since! So I have to roast in fecking trousers now.
Reply 103
to get more clients.
Reply 104
lella_m
I don't.

Though, I'm guessing for attention?

:ditto:

xx
Reply 105

This is what I wear on a daily basis.
Reply 106
It's to make up for their lack of personality.
Attention because their faces cant do the job
being copycats and for atttention, they see their friends letting their ass cheeks hang out and then them getting attention from random guys, which makes them "feel good", therefore they must do it. I have no problem with mini skirts but when it gets to the point where you can see a tampon string...thats just stupid
Reply 109
Because they're tarts, sluts, slags.....
Reply 110
For some, I would say attention. For others, I would guess they generally think it's a nice look and they're happy that way? The latter is probably more applicable in the summer mind you, since.. yeah, have you seen the weather lately? Anyone wearing a short skirt right now has gotta be doing it for the attention..

That or they're just ******* insane, really could be either.
Because they have the freedom to do so. And good on them if they want to wear short skirts.
Reply 112
P.Chung
I like! How much?!

This...
Veeery Nice.
Well, I think I'm gonna say something that everyone knows, but I'll point it out anyway!

Firstly, it should be noted that every girl, at some point in her life, wants to feel wanted and desirable to guys and ultimately wants to be cared for and loved. Everyone knows that most men can't easily resist a bit of female flesh, so the easiest and quickest (but not necessarily best) way for girls to get noticed by a guy is to raise their skirt or lower their top. Other girls then see the success of the short skirt and copy, in order to obtain that desirability-factor. Not because they want some sleazy guy to stare at them but because they are desperate for male attention and care. If most guys had restraint and paid attention to the women that respect themselves and don't make themselves available for any man, then lots of girls wouldn't feel the pressure to to reveal their bodies.

Why do girls wear short skirts? Because guys respond to it!

I would just like to clarify - I'm not a Victorian! and I have worn some rather revealing dresses to parties and proms - there is nothing wrong with dressing-up for those occasions - but as an every day rule, I think modesty (form the girls) and respect (from the guys) is the best way forward! :-)

--Amelia
I do occasionally were short skirts or dresses, but short by definition that it is above the knee.

I won't wear a dress or skirt that is obscenely short.
Cus they make our legs look nice and long (espesh when coupled with a pair of vertignous heels :biggrin:).

Unless its a fat girl, then they just look like icky, icky poo.
How short do you mean, OP, when you say ridiculously short? If you mean so short that their bum crack and underwear are showing, like here, then yeah, that is ridiculous, and I don't know why women would wear that down the street or anything. But if you mean like these, then I think they look fine. They're just a pretty style and women like to show off their legs because they are sexy body parts, aren't they? I like short skirts a lot, and I prefer them to long skirts that go below the knee, those just don't suit me.
I for one demand girls wear shorter skirts.
I'm sorry but actual LOL at the girls on here saying, 'sluts, attention hores, butterfaces, lack of personality'. £10 you're chubs.

Some girls wear them because they have good legs and an outfit can look really great with a short skirt and a covered up top half. You don't have to be an attention whore to dress attractively.
Nothing more cringey than a fat girl in a very short skirt (even worse with no tights on) blegh.

Latest

Trending

Trending