x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Why do some of you wear ridiculously short skirts? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Because they want to draw attention to their enormous thighs :P

And because they are skettttssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    They don't have lynx pulling power for women so they have to try other things. :dontknow:
    Not funny post is not funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I'm sorry but actual LOL at the girls on here saying, 'sluts, attention hores, butterfaces, lack of personality'. £10 you're chubs.

Some girls wear them because they have good legs and an outfit can look really great with a short skirt and a covered up top half. You don't have to be an attention whore to dress attractively.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't believe people actually care about this. Get a life, people can wear what they want

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't think it's ridiculous.

And what's up with this whole "you're a girl, you must know what every single girl in the world does and why she does it" thing?

ReputationRep:
    Because it's all they have going for them.

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a distinct lack of pictures in this thread:

^^Just in case anyone is in any doubt as to what a mini skirt looks like, of course.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to put in a complaint about the kind of men who gives girls attention because she is wearing a short skirt.

ReputationRep:
    How short do you mean, OP, when you say ridiculously short? If you mean so short that their bum crack and underwear are showing, then yeah, that is ridiculous, and I don't know why women would wear that down the street or anything.
    Yeah I agree. Skirts above the knee and half way up the thigh - FINE. I just seriously disagree with glorified belts!

--Amelia

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you too amelia,

also if the skirt its a tight fitted one then you aint gonna see nothing unless she some how opens her legs in it and gives you a full on display.

i like wearing shortish skirts mainly when i go out clubbin, but thats only cuz it makes me feel feminine dressin up and wearin heels but im always conscious if it rises and if im flashin which thankfully i havent done =]

also i like to show off my legs and cover my top half, as i like the shape of my legs. as i think you should only show off one part of your body if your gonna. so no legs n boob :L

ReputationRep:
    is that really a british thing? comment i keep hearing from continental europeans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I didn't say they were whores, I said they dressed like them.

Wear skimpy clothing and expect a lot of attention. That's kind of the idea isn't it? Why else would you wear a mini skirt (if you can even call it a skirt) in this weather? Just be prepared to deal with it, or change how you dress.

ever heard of tights mate?... and jackets and coats and scarves?.. boots?.. the essentials for winter?.. u can wear minis in this weather and still be warm.

(Original post by common_person)
    I would like to put in a complaint about the kind of men who gives girls attention because she is wearing a short skirt.
    rep on to this one :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Guys will stare alright but she won't be their first choice as wife-material
    Lmao...
    I don't think the 16 year olds referred to by the OP are that interested in being 'wife material' tbh.... girls just wanna have fun!

Nothing wrong with showing junk in the trunk- emancipation of women ftw!

ReputationRep:
    Because it's brilliant, obviously!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another One)
    is that really a british thing? comment i keep hearing from continental europeans!
    Well, from my experience: yes. I think it is much more common here than in most of continental europe.

ReputationRep:
    To show off.. THE BUSINESS.

ReputationRep:
    Because when they are shown off by the right women, they look damn good.

Otherwise (I'm talking to you tubs out there), stick to the dresses and trousers, don't even try leggings either because they just outline your fat legs rather than hide them. Don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Because women have got to the point where they are exploiting their bodies to men to provoke attention and engage in sexual contact. Blame the media etc.
    And they wonder why men treat them like ****.

ReputationRep:
    i don't and hopefully never would...i respect my body and don't need guys' attention to make me feel beautiful

why do some girls do it:
    1. it makes them feel beautiful..or sexy..or whatever
    2. guys giving them attention makes them feel beautiful and confident
    3. their self-worth is based on how they look
    4. they want to show off their 'fabulous' body
    5. they think it's the only way guys will like them
    6. try to go with fashiion, etc.

-___- what has society come to lolll...we've lost all sense of decency and modesty...it means nothing anymore or we dont value it in the least..ah well... i guess each to their own? live and let live???

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.