Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what to buy her for her birthday?
    she's an awkward one - I actually have no idea what she likes and when I ask what to get her she just says 'suprise me'.
    I've known her for about 5/6 years and we're close friends, but I realise I know nothing about what she'd truly like/want, other than the typical chocolates/alcohol/ect. :eek: I'm a crap friend lols.

Any ideas on unique presents? x

ReputationRep:
    Everybody wants an iphone ... get her that.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, and she'll like it.

ReputationRep:
    and who exactly is this girl to you may I ask? :wink2:

(please say your lesbian lover) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tremour)
    Nothing, and she'll like it.
    I like your thinking :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    and who exactly is this girl to you may I ask? :wink2:

(please say your lesbian lover) :ninja:
    aha i'm afraid she isn't - sorry to disappoint lol
    Just a friend

ReputationRep:
    Well, it'll certainly be a surprise at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceSeeker09)
    aha i'm afraid she isn't - sorry to disappoint lol
    Just a friend
    Mix in a bit of rum at a late boring night and you'll be rubbing each other's coconuts :sogood:

That's my idea for a gift by the way, who wouldn't like that?
    Oh and make sure you record it and post it on here :borat:

ReputationRep:
    jewellery? i tend to default to jewellery, because it's quite easy to guess based on dress sense, and there's lots of places near i can get cheapish nice jewellery... or just go with typical chocolates/alcohol.

oh, throw a surprise party! always makes you seem really thoughtful, everyone loves a surprise party, and it can be your present. then you can get chocolate, alcohol and funny hats.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know (and you've known her for 5/6 years), how do you expect us to know (and we know next to nothing about her)?

ReputationRep:
    Well, as an 18 yr old female myself, I think something from Urban Outfitters would make a nice gift, especially from the home section; they have really nice jewellery stands and such that she'd like. Check it out on their website. Also, maybe some jewellery, doesn't have to be expensive. Or maybe if you're really stuck, a gift card to her favourite shop. Every girl would like a topshop gift card!
    Just a few ideas there. I hope it helped.

ReputationRep:
    Friends these days cant even be bothered to save some EMA up to buy their longtime best friend a quality bday present, the *****es that they are.

ReputationRep:
    One of my favourite 18th birthday presents (apart from alcohol ^^) was a charm bracelet with an 18th charm plus a couple of others, plus you can give her charms for christmas and other birthdays, and you can pick charms that are special to you and her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivvling)
    Friends these days cant even be bothered to save some EMA up to buy their longtime best friend a quality bday present, the *****es that they are.
    I don't get why you would post this, it has nothing to do with the thread. Oh, and I don't get EMA, and I have a job, and i'm clearly buying her a present. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelS)
    One of my favourite 18th birthday presents (apart from alcohol ^^) was a charm bracelet with an 18th charm plus a couple of others, plus you can give her charms for christmas and other birthdays, and you can pick charms that are special to you and her
    I really like this idea, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona Lisa)
    Well, as an 18 yr old female myself, I think something from Urban Outfitters would make a nice gift, especially from the home section; they have really nice jewellery stands and such that she'd like. Check it out on their website. Also, maybe some jewellery, doesn't have to be expensive. Or maybe if you're really stuck, a gift card to her favourite shop. Every girl would like a topshop gift card!
    Just a few ideas there. I hope it helped.
    Just having a look now, got some really nice stuff on there! Thanks a lot

I have the exact same problem with my friends. I default to jeans, stilettos and handbags, no idea what to get for my friend that doesn't like that stuff though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceSeeker09)
    Just having a look now, got some really nice stuff on there! Thanks a lot
    No problem, glad to have helped :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A dart board.

Or a longbow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    I have the exact same problem with my friends. I default to jeans, stilettos and handbags, no idea what to get for my friend that doesn't like that stuff though.
    Yeah this girl doesn't wear makeup, doesn't really like chocolate, isn't one for pretty jewelery or anything of the sort, apart from the mentioned charm bracelet she may like that. Her taste in clothes/handbags/shoes is one I wouldn't want to insult by attempting to buy as I'd probably get it wrong. Looks like I may have to stick to the alcohol ect, but I wanted to make it a special birthday, it is 18 after all

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.