Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PN1 form - did i fill this out during my application for student finance? watch

Basically, i need to know if i or my parents filled out the PN1 form during my original application, because if i havent done it then i wont be getting my means tested bursary from my uni

i've recieved my means tested grant from student finance, as well as my loan, hence i'm assuming that i must have completed the PN1 form when i applied, but i'm just not sure

The PN1 form is for students to provide information. A human being then inputs the data onto a system and your application is then processed.

When you apply online you are doing the data input. So no, you did not fill in a PN1 as such but yes, you and your parents have already supplied the information that would go on a PN1 so there are no more forms for you or them to fill in.

However, when you fill an a PN1 or apply online your parents will be asked if it is OK to share their data with your uni.

If they ticked 'no' then you won't be getting your bursary until they ring the 'bursary consent line' at SFE and change that to a 'yes' (i.e. give permission for your uni to access some of your application details)

One way to check is ask your uni if they have access to your application

The second way to check is to ring SFE and ask them to see if you parents have given permission
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.