Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not too long ago I submitted a complete application to KCL and now the wait is killing me. I applied for the post-graduate diploma in the Classical Studies and I'm waiting patiently and not-so-patiently for a decision. How did you pass the time while waiting for a decision? How did you deal with the anxiety? I do have a job to keep my mind occupied during the day, but it's the evenings and nights where I am twiddling my thumbs, so to speak...:eek3: Out of curiosity, about how long did you have to wait for a decision was made? Was it the anticipated wait time of 4-6 weeks or was it longer?

ReputationRep:
    Application: 25/11/2009
    Decision: 21/12/2009

But it was the mathematics department + I am already studying there...

When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    Not too long ago I submitted a complete application to KCL and now the wait is killing me. I applied for the post-graduate diploma in the Classical Studies and I'm waiting patiently and not-so-patiently for a decision. How did you pass the time while waiting for a decision? How did you deal with the anxiety? I do have a job to keep my mind occupied during the day, but it's the evenings and nights where I am twiddling my thumbs, so to speak...:eek3: Out of curiosity, about how long did you have to wait for a decision was made? Was it the anticipated wait time of 4-6 weeks or was it longer?
    For me it took about 2 months to get the official offer though i got an e-mail saying I will be accepted about 5 weeks after I submitted my application. and it was a humanities MA programme at King's. Good luck with your application. King's have some amazing classicists in the department!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belema)
    Application: 25/11/2009
    Decision: 21/12/2009

But it was the mathematics department + I am already studying there...

When did you apply?

Well my references uploaded their letters online, so I had to submit my application first and that was done around Jan 4th. and the last letter of reference was uploaded on the 20th (of Jan, due to not getting the email from KCL)

ReputationRep:
    I'm onto my 9th week of waiting now. You're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    I just submitted to KCL yesterday - but I don't think my referees have done their part yet. Going to send in my application for funding soon this week too. I chose MSc Int'l Mgt, which I think King's is not well known for. Anyway, it's my last choice after LSE, Manchester and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    Well my references uploaded their letters online, so I had to submit my application first and that was done around Jan 4th. and the last letter of reference was uploaded on the 20th (of Jan, due to not getting the email from KCL)
    Hope that they won't make you wait too much... and don't forget to post here when you have your answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dutchmeister)
    9 weeks?! :eek: You should hear from them very soon...
    Fingers crossed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpl.fir)
    I just submitted to KCL yesterday - but I don't think my referees have done their part yet. Going to send in my application for funding soon this week too. I chose MSc Int'l Mgt, which I think King's is not well known for. Anyway, it's my last choice after LSE, Manchester and Warwick.
    Good luck for all your applications! I guess the LSE must be your first choice...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and yes, LSE is my dream. LOL but King's would do as well...

ReputationRep:
    i too am waiting for a decision from kcl for biochem. is it true that those who apply for competitive courses receive earlier replies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fyodor Bingoffsky)
    i too am waiting for a decision from kcl for biochem. is it true that those who apply for competitive courses receive earlier replies?
    Competitive courses simplpy fill up quicker, but it really doesn't mean that they will process your application sooner than in the case of less popular courses. Quite on the contrary, if they have loads of applications they might take a while.

And for those of you who've been waiting for ages now - e-mail your departmens! King's admin people tend to be really really nice and helpful, if somewhat disorganised. Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    I called them and they said their system was down before Christmas for the Management department. Don't know if the problem spread to other departments.....either way...they can't give me a timeframe apparantly.

Seriously losing interest in KCL now....

ReputationRep:
    This might be generally the case at King's this year. They have a new application form online and keep on having problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belema)
    Hope that they won't make you wait too much... and don't forget to post here when you have your answer!
    ok, i'll keep you posted! though i had a bad dream about it the other night. in the dream they said that they have already accepted two applicants and that my application wasn't good enough... funny considering the fact that i've already had a meeting with the applications tutor in nov of 08... :sigh:

i've got my heart set on King's :yep:

ReputationRep:
    bless your heart. nine weeks. i'd be completely mental. i hope you hear something soon, to ease your anxiety. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kajama)
    This might be generally the case at King's this year. They have a new application form online and keep on having problems with it.
    yea, i had to send two messages to King's about updating my reference's email address before I got a response. technology. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    bless your heart. nine weeks. i'd be completely mental. i hope you hear something soon, to ease your anxiety. :console:
    Well, I have other offers for both masters and jobs, but I just want an answer!

They said they would try and speed up the process but they couldn't tell me anything else in terms of timeframe....

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have other offers for both masters and jobs, but I just want an answer!

They said they would try and speed up the process but they couldn't tell me anything else in terms of timeframe....

Yea, I know how you feel! I last night dreamed that I was in London. :sigh:

Let us know when you hear from them!

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel! I sent my application way back in october, only got an email end of jan saying they'd started porocessing it, and haven't heard anything since....I don't think I'll have any nails left by the time they get back to me

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.