Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    Not too long ago I submitted a complete application to KCL and now the wait is killing me. I applied for the post-graduate diploma in the Classical Studies and I'm waiting patiently and not-so-patiently for a decision. How did you pass the time while waiting for a decision? How did you deal with the anxiety? I do have a job to keep my mind occupied during the day, but it's the evenings and nights where I am twiddling my thumbs, so to speak...:eek3: Out of curiosity, about how long did you have to wait for a decision was made? Was it the anticipated wait time of 4-6 weeks or was it longer?
    I applied to the KCL in Jan., and it took just a few days for getting a conditional offer through the online applicatoin system.

I don;t think you need to be too anxious and worried about that. If you are really the one, they will eventually give you an offer. If they think you are not appropriate, if though you get an offer, you will be coming out from the institution with a failure. Just apply to some more other institutions, so that you can have a choice (not they choose you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannypletnev)
    I applied to the KCL in Jan., and it took just a few days for getting a conditional offer through the online applicatoin system.

I don;t think you need to be too anxious and worried about that. If you are really the one, they will eventually give you an offer. If they think you are not appropriate, if though you get an offer, you will be coming out from the institution with a failure. Just apply to some more other institutions, so that you can have a choice (not they choose you).
    did you apply for a competitive program? i know that some programs are more competitive than others therefore the wait time is going to be different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    did you apply for a competitive program? i know that some programs are more competitive than others therefore the wait time is going to be different.
    I applied for music, whcih is highly competitive I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    cool! i'm not even sure i would audition for anything let alone major in music (though my dream is to play in a orchestra :daydreaming: and to play 'Ride of the Valkyries' :yes: ). lol. i get so nervous that i mess up the most simple things. one would never tell that i've been playing the clarinet for 15 yrs, this year when it comes to auditions... that's how nervous i get.

as for my programme it's not that competitive. the intake is only 5...

ReputationRep:
    But Music at King's are super organised. And probably by far the most active department around. We are all flooded with e-mails from them about seminars, meetings, lectures they organise. This general approach might have some impact on how efficient their admissions are as well, I guess.

I waited about 3 months to get an officila offer last year. Apparently they were having some problems with the online application system, as they introduced a new platform this year so that might be causing some delays.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what is the longest time they can keep you waiting?
    I submited my application back at the begining of january... so I have been waiting now for 10 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my referee to upload my damn reference :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bugzy3000)
    does anyone know what is the longest time they can keep you waiting?
    I submited my application back at the begining of january... so I have been waiting now for 10 weeks...
    Just e-mail your deparment and ask. When I applied lat year it took them about 3 months to send me my official offer. But the decission was made way earlier and the deparment happily gave it to me via e-mail. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    so I send them an e-mail, here is the reply if anybody else is interested
    "Apologies for the delay – we have received an exceptionally large number of applications this year and it is taking longer to process them all. Your application is currently with the admissions tutor – but we would hope to have a decision within the next two weeks."
    I applied on 8.1.2010...

ReputationRep:
    well...for what did you apply for ?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a Geography Masters back in February, so seems like it will be a while...

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 15th oct and STILL haven't heard anything from kcl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by work now, enjoy later)
    I applied on 15th oct and STILL haven't heard anything from kcl
    I think you are quite justified in contacting them to be honest; do it on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my eight week and now im starting to freak out!

ReputationRep:
    I sent out my application in the 3rd wk of jan. No news yet...

ReputationRep:
    I just called KCL and the arts and science admissions department woman picked up and transfered me to somebody in the CCI dept. I complained about not receiving the decision even after 8 weeks, he apologized for the delay and said that he knew the decision regarding my admission and then he would forward it to my agent. He refused to tell me on the phone directly. Is this a really really bad sign?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed the arts and science dept on Friday and the admissions tutor today... waiting on a response..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohitravi)
    I just called KCL and the arts and science admissions department woman picked up and transfered me to somebody in the CCI dept. I complained about not receiving the decision even after 8 weeks, he apologized for the delay and said that he knew the decision regarding my admission and then he would forward it to my agent. He refused to tell me on the phone directly. Is this a really really bad sign?
    Strange behaviour indeed. So what was the decision? I guess you must know now. Hope it was the one you were hoping for..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohitravi)
    It's probably just a procedure they have to stick to. If you applied via agency they it might be that King's have to notify the agency first. I wouldn't read too much into this.
    Anyway, all the best of luck with the application! Do you know the outcome already?

ReputationRep:
    I got my decision 8 apr..... and accepted the offer!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.