Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    I got my decision 8 apr..... and accepted the offer!!
    Congratulation! It's really a great achivement.

ReputationRep:
    I applied on late Feb and got my offer yday

ReputationRep:
    I applied early February and received an offer on 1st April :-). I'm waiting to hear from UCL, otherwise I think I'll say yes to KCL. Good luck to everyone waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannypletnev)
    Congratulation! It's really a great achivement.
    Thanks! I'm starting to realize that too! Not to mention the excitement that I'm feeling! I have a question for you. I play the clarinet and I was wondering if King's has any ensembles or concert bands that I could possibly play in. I've come across KCLSO; would that be the one for non-music concentration students to audition for? (Just making sure it's open to all KCL students and not just the ones concentrating in music. ) Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    Thanks! I'm starting to realize that too! Not to mention the excitement that I'm feeling! I have a question for you. I play the clarinet and I was wondering if King's has any ensembles or concert bands that I could possibly play in. I've come across KCLSO; would that be the one for non-music concentration students to audition for? (Just making sure it's open to all KCL students and not just the ones concentrating in music. ) Thanks!
    Yes the membership of KCLSO is open to all students of the college. But I realize that the standard of the orchestra is extremely high. They perform a wide range of works, mostly technically demanding, from Mozart through Richard Wagner to Richard Strauss. So it would be great if you can join the orchestra and perform these works.

I suggest you practice some orchestral excerpts before the audition. Mozart and Beethoven's symphonies are the standard repertoire of audition for most of the orchestra in the world, no matter professional or amateur. I'm waiting for your good news!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.