Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am a long time lurker but first time poster

In may last year i joined Sainsburys as a Customer Service Team Leader in Training and I was delighted to be accepted into the job role at my age of 18 after only one previous retail job.

In my interview I told my interviewer that in September I was starting University and would be able to work 30-39 hours a week flexible to the times outside my uni schedule, she said that this was completely fine and i got the job. :woo:

When i started i found that within those 3 months i only completed 1 booklet of training and sent on 1 training sessions (- this one training session i came back with lots of ideas on how to develop my dept. but this was discarded as s**t)

I felt that this was bad and I slowly felt the love for the job dramatically decreasing, I then gained my holiday form and booked holiday in oct and i went on holiday and i was disaplined for going as this was not booked - wtf?!?! I then appealed the descision and this was overturned by the shopfloor deputy manager who said that he thought i was unfairly treated and he felt sorry for me and apologised for the errors in the store.

I then started uni and i had to alter the flexi schedule i had to fit uni for that week to 17-23 tues to fri then 12-20 on sat but this has now stuck and i am fed up with it, at this point i have to step down as a team leader HAS TO BE 39 HOURS FLEXI!

I have a new dept. manager and he is now advertising for team leaders and i was told that i could not stay on as team leader and he has gave team leader job to someone on another dept. for 30 hours rgs!!!

I am sick of being overlooked so i went to the hr/personnel dept and gave my training folder back and said i want to see my personal file and they got very cagey and said the advertised job was 39 hours flexi what do you expect in this job???

I dont know what to do, I am happy to supervise but i will go down to 18 hours instead of 32 - i only done that amount to stay in my role :confused:

Please help me and give guidance on where to go next.

Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, what a nightmare. Well, I dont think there is an awful lot you can do about it officially. It does sound like they are being very difficult to say the least.
    Its disappointing when you get high hopes for a job, & it doesn't work out how you planned. Sorry I cant be of any help really. Hopefully someone else can. x

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.