Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to apply to a few as a back up to my 5 in UK for Accounting and Finance.I'm gna start now so any decent unis that are any of the below:

a) have deadlines after 2 or 3 weeks or more from now
    b) give conditional acceptances/look at o-levels and wait for actual a-level and AP grades before making offers/look more at essays/dont look at school grades

My high school grades were all B's but in my last year I screwed up and got all C's .I got 1840 in the SAT with 620,620,600.I am yet to do the
    TOEFL IBT, expect around 95-100.I am doing 3 A-levels and 1-2 AP's.Repeating most of my AS this June, did AS Math in Jan and expect an A.I am pretty good at writing essays and have fairly good school recommendations. So any suggestions on universities I could apply to? Thanks and sorry for the long question :rolleyes:

And if you've got nothing better to say than "do your own research" then dont bother.

ReputationRep:
    No American universities give conditional acceptances.

As for those with late deadlines, do a search on the College Board site and sort the results by application deadline.

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.co...peofschool.jsp

ReputationRep:
    university of michigan deadline 1st Feb so hurry! Have a look at SUNY Binghamton, Rutgers and Sarah Lawrence. Sorry mate but it's sort of late in the process. You can transfer after should you get accepted to any. Best of luck

google "talk.collegeconfidential.co m: list of universities with rolling deadlines (/admissions)" and you'll get a thread will a huge list of them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.I suppose I dnt have any chance for the well-known American unis.Wont make the Michigan deadline.btw whats a good SAT score to get accepted? any idea about Canadian ones?

ReputationRep:
    Most Canadian universities have deadlines in March/late Feb. (other than Schulich, which is 1st week of Feb). They all look at A level grades, and give credit if you achieve above a certain grade. For accounting/finance, look at McGill, UBC, UFT, Schulich (if you can manage to do your application in a few days! :eek:).. I'm sure there are others, but these have good programs, from what I can remember. (if you want to go to Ontario, I'd look at OUAC [ouac.on.ca])

ReputationRep:
    mcgill only has march deadlines for quebec cegep students. Google the phrase in my last post, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamityx)
    mcgill only has march deadlines for quebec cegep students. Google the phrase in my last post, seriously.
    http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/underg...0-11/overseas/

the McGill deadline is over it seems? jan 15

the quebec cegp link took me to something abt law and besides I'm an internationl student.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of universities with later deadlines - just fewer of the internationally well-known ones.

Like someone else suggested go to www.collegeboard.com and search for unis for whom you fit their profile (you can input your SAT results and say whether you want to be higher or lower in the mix) and organise by admissions date. My brother is applying at the moment and hasn't put them all in yet. If you know what area you want to be in also look at the community colleges which allow you to study for the first two years then transfer to another university for the last two. It's cheaper this way although you do sacrifice some on the quality compared to four-years I feel. At least that is my experience at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and you'll probably find that all look at your grades, though some put more weight onto them than others. You'll either be accepted, rejected or wait-listed. There isn't a 'conditional' offer over here.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.