Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As you know, summer is slowly creeping it's way here yay, but I want to get in GREAT shape before bathing suits arrive. What are the best yoga poses for a toned tummy and ones to trim down the waist? I'm going for the sexy toned-line-down-the-middle-abs, not macho-man-6/8-pack...And my waist has also decided to add on a few extra lbs over the winter (bad eating habits) but I want to trim it down so it's jsut curvy enough. Unfortunately I have a short torso but want to make it look longer...any ideas? Thanks:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren09)
    As you know, summer is slowly creeping it's way here yay, but I want to get in GREAT shape before bathing suits arrive. What are the best yoga poses for a toned tummy and ones to trim down the waist? I'm going for the sexy toned-line-down-the-middle-abs, not macho-man-6/8-pack...And my waist has also decided to add on a few extra lbs over the winter (bad eating habits) but I want to trim it down so it's jsut curvy enough. Unfortunately I have a short torso but want to make it look longer...any ideas? Thanks:o:
    Yoga wont make you can get into ******* shape :lol: I suggest performing a rigorous cardiovascular and resistance training regimen with Yoga on the side as a method of recovery assistance. Yoga will IN NO WAY "trim your tummy", this is merely a question of bodyfat and it is only reduced by way of exercise. Yoga does not make you lose weight directly and I fail to understand why such logic exists.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight. I'm trying to tone my stomach & yoga/pilates definitely make a difference. I didn't say trim my tummy, I said trim my waist and there are certain excercises out there related to yoga that target obliques and lower sides of your back. I want to know the most effective. Resistance training is included in some pilates. So sir, before mocking me, look up such things then get back to me and if you can't come up with anything then I'll delete this post as it was incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    So... you dont want to lose any weight.. just tone your stomach?

Yep, makes perfect sense... Clearly we're the ones who should be looking up such things...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight. I'm trying to tone my stomach & yoga/pilates definitely make a difference. I didn't say trim my tummy, I said trim my waist and there are certain excercises out there related to yoga that target obliques and lower sides of your back. I want to know the most effective. Resistance training is included in some pilates. So sir, before mocking me, look up such things then get back to me and if you can't come up with anything then I'll delete this post as it was incorrect.
    Excuses, excuses.

Go on, do the yoga and observe your lack of progress.

Yoga is merely a method of bodily recovery, the loosening of deep tissue and fascia allowing ones exercises. Yoga and pilates are largely is misconception used to sucker in the lazy who are unwilling to partake in rigorous exercise to see results. You have done no research you moron, I call you a moron because if you had done research (which ironically you ask me to do) you would have realized that NO EXERCISE CAN "TRIM" AND FAT CANNOT BE SPOT REDUCED. Pilates does include elements of resistance training, but what's the point? Why not just go and do the weights? Considering ACTUAL resistance training is far more effective. The fat on your waist is entirely dependent upon your bodyfat and your bodyfat is only targeted as a whole, not individually.

You clearly have made **** all insight into this, just go ahead, go to Google, enter in some search criteria.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to tone my stomach
    Reduce your bodyfat, do ab exercises. Simple really.

Also as your trying to trim some fat off your waist area, this would require you to do exercise in order to burn off calories and then lose the fat.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.