The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I called UCAS and DMU and it was an error on UCAS's part, as there's no way in hell i'd decline my place lol. So I called DMU and they said I still have my place but i'd have to go through the formalities again. But it was kinda annoying because I only found out UCAS had shut down my application on Monday night when I started on my student finance which has to be put on hold now
Charley_Razzles
Yeah I called UCAS and DMU and it was an error on UCAS's part, as there's no way in hell i'd decline my place lol. So I called DMU and they said I still have my place but i'd have to go through the formalities again. But it was kinda annoying because I only found out UCAS had shut down my application on Monday night when I started on my student finance which has to be put on hold now

Well it sounds like your offer is secure anyway, so the fact that you're applying late should not hinder you! The only pain is that you presumably need to pay UCAS again (sneaky!)
F1 fanatic
Well it sounds like your offer is secure anyway, so the fact that you're applying late should not hinder you! The only pain is that you presumably need to pay UCAS again (sneaky!)

Yeah for one university choice it was £9! I half expected them to say i didn't have to pay considering this whole thing was their fault lol
Reply 23
So, you are all saying its ok to apply late. I haven't filled anything in yet and need a reference but its still ok if i manage to get it all done by the end of the month to send in a late applicantion...
Does it matter that i am taking re-sits and might not have all points needed? is it worth the try or should i wait till clearing or next year??
*:Ali:*
So, you are all saying its ok to apply late. I haven't filled anything in yet and need a reference but its still ok if i manage to get it all done by the end of the month to send in a late applicantion...
Does it matter that i am taking re-sits and might not have all points needed? is it worth the try or should i wait till clearing or next year??

You can apply but you won't be given equal consideration necessarily. Therefore it is worth contacting the university first to see if they will consider your application. If you don't meet the minimum entry requirements then there is unlikely to be much point in you applying, especially as it is so competitive this year. It depends on whether you think the requirements are achievable or whether you have extenuating circumstances as to why you do not meet the requirements.
Reply 25
Hi there

Okay so i guess everyone has a phase of confusion in their lives right. Well i've had mine and thank God today well last night i got my head sorted.

I didnt apply or submit my UCAS form should i better say, coz i was set on taking a gap year. But i have had a turning point and there is no room for regrets but i want to know am i too late to apply?

Can i go through clearing? what is out there for me?
You should apply now, some unis do look at late applications, or so I've heard.
What do you want to study?
Reply 27
Yeah oh no doubt about that.

English language and linguistics. But im not doing any english alevels. Originally it was german an linguistics but there is a personal problem with the year abroad
1MBC
Yeah oh no doubt about that.

English language and linguistics. But im not doing any english alevels. Originally it was german an linguistics but there is a personal problem with the year abroad

Generally you don't need English language A level to study linguistics at university - having an A level in a language is perfectly fine. I'd say my course was about 50/50 in first year in terms of who had English language and who did not have it. You'll have to have a look at the entry requirements for the universities you are interested in.

Look at this thread for more information on applying now:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1160862

Contact each university before you apply to confirm that they are still accepting applications and will consider you.

With regards to the year abroad issue - is this something which you could chat to the universities about as they might be able to help with making arrangements or similar to mean you can go away? :smile:
1MBC
Hi there

Okay so i guess everyone has a phase of confusion in their lives right. Well i've had mine and thank God today well last night i got my head sorted.

I didnt apply or submit my UCAS form should i better say, coz i was set on taking a gap year. But i have had a turning point and there is no room for regrets but i want to know am i too late to apply?

Can i go through clearing? what is out there for me?

You aren't too late - UCAS has a extended deadline opening this thursday for those who were undecided before and now want to apply for uni! I don't know whether you're in college or not but you should have been told this?
You probably don't want to wait for clearing if im honest! More applicants this year so there are going to be less places left. There weren't huge amounts left last year when I applied!
Reply 31
So i call the uni's up hopefully tomorrow and like explain my situation or do i just ask about late applicants??

Really appreciate your help
Reply 32
flowerness
You aren't too late - UCAS has a extended deadline opening this thursday for those who were undecided before and now want to apply for uni! I don't know whether you're in college or not but you should have been told this?

Extra isn't applicable here. It's for people who have already applied and are holing no offers
flowerness
for those who were undecided before and now want to apply for uni!

As Juno said, UCAS Extra isn't applicable as the OP can apply to five universities (while UCAS Extra limits you to one at a time) and, in any event, this is not its primary purpose. Its main purpose is to give additional chances to those who have been rejected by all their original five choices.

The OP should, nevertheless, pay attention to what is available in UCAS Extra and call the universities before applying to make sure they will consider her application and that there is space available. She is not guaranteed equal consideration at this stage but that doesn't mean she can't find somewhere.
Had to drop out of Edinburgh College of art anymore due to personal circumstances concerning my father's health.

I do want to continue my study, but since there seems to be difficulty for me to return to Edinburgh, I've decided to stay in Glasgow and study at Glasgow uni.

I have the appropriate grades to enter the Faculty of Arts for Liberal Arts studies (Humanities, History, Philosophy and Literature).

However I've missed the UCAS dates to apply for entry in September 2010.

Can someone please give me some advice?
AshleyPBell
Had to drop out of Edinburgh College of art anymore due to personal circumstances concerning my father's health.

I do want to continue my study, but since there seems to be difficulty for me to return to Edinburgh, I've decided to stay in Glasgow and study at Glasgow uni.

I have the appropriate grades to enter the Faculty of Arts for Liberal Arts studies (Humanities, History, Philosophy and Literature).

However I've missed the UCAS dates to apply for entry in September 2010.

Can someone please give me some advice?

Apply next year? I don't think there's much else you can do besides make use of the gap..
Reply 36
Get in contact with the University and UCAS; you might as well explore every avenue just in case. They might let you see if there is a clearing place and reserve it for you for example. Good luck!
Reply 37
So basically my application doesn't have to be considered by the universities because it is late?
Anyone know anything about Queen Mary regarding late applicants, i am gonna call them today hopefully and see what they say.

Any info also on Kings College, and how competitive english/german linguistics is?

I am looking for last years clearing list but its no longer there any help with that either?

Appreciate it sincerely
Reply 38
Wow guess its not just me then

There is a late applicant thingy but contact the universities to see if they will consider a late application
Reply 39
UPDATE:

I managed to call a few universities and happily they are still considering/taking applications!

Latest