Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long did you wait for the first university to reply????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    Obviously double check with them the listing is correct before you do apply but other than that you're good to go... unless you happen to want to study events management, nursing, paramedic science or physical education... in which case yes, you are too late.
    why too late for only those courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakel)
    why too late for only those courses?
    Because they aren't in Extra/accepting any new applications!

ReputationRep:
    adult nursing are still in extra

ReputationRep:
    Duncy is still waiting to hear back from Lancs university and it's starting to annoy me slightly. Grr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuncanMono)
    Duncy is still waiting to hear back from Lancs university and it's starting to annoy me slightly. Grr
    I am waiting to hear back from 3 universities and I don't think I'll hear from them neither this nor next week and I'll start taking Xanax :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danae)
    I am waiting to hear back from 3 universities and I don't think I'll hear from them neither this nor next week and I'll start taking Xanax :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
    Well that would be fairly stupid!

I assume you applied after 22nd Jan given you're posting in this thread. Be aware that you are not the top priority of universities - it is the people who applied prior to 22nd Jan that they have to get back to asap as the UCAS deadline for these applicants to get a response is 7th May. Given you applied late, you are not priority and may well be dealt with later than this as the deadline in May does not apply to your application.

If you applied post 22nd Jan you have been waiting just over 2 months max. There are some applicants who applied in September and are still waiting to hear from universities - this was 7 months ago now. Two months is nothing in terms of UCAS applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    Well that would be fairly stupid!

I assume you applied after 22nd Jan given you're posting in this thread. Be aware that you are not the top priority of universities - it is the people who applied prior to 22nd Jan that they have to get back to asap as the UCAS deadline for these applicants to get a response is 7th May. Given you applied late, you are not priority and may well be dealt with later than this as the deadline in May does not apply to your application.

If you applied post 22nd Jan you have been waiting just over 2 months max. There are some applicants who applied in September and are still waiting to hear from universities - this was 7 months ago now. Two months is nothing in terms of UCAS applications.
    Ok ok ... I will not take Xanax then!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm far too impatient for UCAS its killing me, I dont even have enough patience waiting for a bus so this is something elssssssssse!

ReputationRep:
    Im applying late for adult nursing. im not getting my hopes up! I heard diploma's are going soon. Anyone know when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aharris92504)
    Im applying late for adult nursing. im not getting my hopes up! I heard diploma's are going soon. Anyone know when?
    Im waiting decisions on one adult nursing DipHE, 2 operating department practice DipHE's and an interview at huddersfield on the 19th for the ODP DipHE so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you because I only applied on the 12th March. Have you heard from any yet?

ReputationRep:
    Awaiting decision at UWE thats the only one i have heard from, i only sent mine off last week though. What prep you doing for your interview? Which do you really hope to get?

ReputationRep:
    Im just researching what is likely to come up in the interview at the moment as well as key topics in the health services that I am likely to get asked about. I hope to get offered the nursing DipHE at manchester but if not I would settle for any of the ODP courses I have applied for, I like all of the universities so its not really a huge difference between any of them!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I wanted to know If I still have time to apply for a course starting In September of this year?

The course is BSc Hons Computing (with Integrated Foundation Year) at University of Ulster and the course code Is: G402.

Im waiting on a few people getting back to me on this, and they seem to be taking forever so I thought some kind people on here would know about this sort of thing!

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    You can still apply, but it is up to each university as to whether they consider your application.

(Original post by UCAS website)
    Applications received at UCAS after the deadlines, up until 30 June 2010, will only be considered by the universities and colleges if they still have vacancies for the course(s) you have selected.
    You apply here

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/apply/

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    You can still apply, but it is up to each university as to whether they consider your application.

You apply here

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/apply/

Good luck!
    O.K thanks, this has to be paid dosent it? The application form i mean

ReputationRep:
    if you have applied to ucas before and still have spaces you can still apply for courses, but it will depend how high a demand the courses were/are. you could also try through clearing in June time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisoz)
    O.K thanks, this has to be paid dosent it? The application form i mean
    Yeah, for us it was £16/17 for more than one, but only £6/7 for one course, so it should be that for you, unless you decide you want to add another while you're at it.

ReputationRep:
    Email them after the weekend is over to see if they have vacancies....its the best way to do it! And if so...apply!

Good luck

Wish you all the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryJeal)
    Email them after the weekend is over to see if they have vacancies....its the best way to do it! And if so...apply!

Good luck

Wish you all the best!
    Email UCAS you mean?

Ta

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.