Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explore)
    Hey, just wondering in the past years did Cardiff have clearance places for Law and german, do you think there will be places on this course in september 2010??

Really want to go here but havent applied!
    You need to read the information in the first of the thread I have moved this into. I would start by checking to see if the course you are interested in is still in Extra. If it is, you should submit an application now rather than wait for Clearing - when the course might not be available. At this stage, no-one can tell you - not even the uni - whether the course will be Clearing. Even if it was last year, that's no guarantee that it will be this year.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so nearly every Uni I emailed replied to tell me they are no places left.. Stupid question probably but should I email them back and thank them for their replies or is that considered spam?

Again sorry if I sound thick lol but I don't know what their attitude is..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanDerWaal)
    Ok so nearly every Uni I emailed replied to tell me they are no places left.. Stupid question probably but should I email them back and thank them for their replies or is that considered spam?

Again sorry if I sound thick lol but I don't know what their attitude is..
    sounds like a waste of time to me. your time would be better spent considering your options.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure this is the best place to ask, but i really didnt dont where else to..
    I applied to uk, and already got my offers and replied them,
    does anybody know how and when I should start applying for a visa for the uk???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    sounds like a waste of time to me. your time would be better spent considering your options.
    Thanks for your reply but I have already sent them all a Thank You email now Me & manners - old habits die hard :o:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for posting again.. but if I decide to apply for 2011 entry, and in the meantime finish my 1st year at another Uni (in the EU), on what grounds will UK Unis accept me to continue my 2nd year in the UK? Would they want my Alevel grades or something else? I'm from the EU btw..

thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by VanDerWaal)
    Sorry for posting again.. but if I decide to apply for 2011 entry, and in the meantime finish my 1st year at another Uni (in the EU), on what grounds will UK Unis accept me to continue my 2nd year in the UK? Would they want my Alevel grades or something else? I'm from the EU btw..

thanks
    I'm not sure the question makes sense, but you need to put all your qualifications on the form and include your uni stuff too. The uni you're applying to will base their decision on whatever factors they consider important, which will vary. This may include matching your A Level grades to their usual entry profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I'm not sure the question makes sense, but you need to put all your qualifications on the form and include your uni stuff too. The uni you're applying to will base their decision on whatever factors they consider important, which will vary. This may include matching your A Level grades to their usual entry profile.
    Oh I see...Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I made the foolish (for me, anyway) decision to take a gap year between college and University, and in doing so, I completely missed the UCAS deadline this year and therefore I don't have any kind of application.

I really want to go to University this year. However, I'm quite uncertain as to whether I need to have a UCAS application to actually be able to get in through clearing?

Could someone in the know please let me know if I am still in with a shot with getting into Uni this year? And if so, how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance please help if you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradAdamson)
    I made the foolish (for me, anyway) decision to take a gap year between college and University, and in doing so, I completely missed the UCAS deadline this year and therefore I don't have any kind of application.

I really want to go to University this year. However, I'm quite uncertain as to whether I need to have a UCAS application to actually be able to get in through clearing?

Could someone in the know please let me know if I am still in with a shot with getting into Uni this year? And if so, how would I go about it?

Well, it's really tight but you still have until the 30th of June to submit a late application - if you can get it together quickly, you could go down this route.

To go through Clearing, you need to have submitted a UCAS application; however, you can submit an application to enter Clearing at any time between July 1st and before Clearing ends, which is sometime in mid-September I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradAdamson)

See the first post in this thread. Occasionally universities will take you without completing a UCAS application - the Route of Prior Acceptance - but this only works if you are applying to one university. You still have time to submit a full application with five choices, so this is worth doing if you can.

ReputationRep:
    what does X and C symbols mean ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by stefany-a)
    what does X and C symbols mean ?
    If you scroll down to the bottom of the page it tells you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied late actually got an offer yet?

I applied on 17 May. I'm a mature student, applying for a course that usually requires an interview. I had already met the course director before I applied though, and he encouraged me to apply so I probably won't need another interview.

I've heard diddly squat other than UCAS saying Track was updated on 18 May.

Oh, and UCAS is now saying the course is closed to new applications. I can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I've only applied for this one course. I just want to hear back....

20 July is getting closer and closer when UCAS will make any outstanding choices unsuccessful. I don't know if my finger nails will stand another month of waiting. Plus i need to resign asap from my job to give my employers as much notice as possible.

K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealK)
    Has anyone who applied late actually got an offer yet?

I applied on 17 May. I'm a mature student, applying for a course that usually requires an interview. I had already met the course director before I applied though, and he encouraged me to apply so I probably won't need another interview.

I've heard diddly squat other than UCAS saying Track was updated on 18 May.

Oh, and UCAS is now saying the course is closed to new applications. I can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I've only applied for this one course. I just want to hear back....

20 July is getting closer and closer when UCAS will make any outstanding choices unsuccessful. I don't know if my finger nails will stand another month of waiting. Plus i need to resign asap from my job to give my employers as much notice as possible.

K
    I applied on like 15th April I think, and got all my responses within 10 days. So now im accepted finance sorted and accommodation sorted.

Hope you here back soon.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I received and accepted my unconditional offer last Wednesday. Only just had a chance to get back on here and update.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone still waiting for offers?

not even UEL has contacted me yet :eek:

ReputationRep:
    okay I guess it's too late to apply now, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soothing)
    okay I guess it's too late to apply now, right?
    You can, but your application will be held over until Clearing opens on 19 August. It would make sense to get the process out of the way now, though, as it will save time later when every hour counts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.