Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glitch on my parents student finance accounts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks ago my status updated and I checked my parents account to see if they received their evidence and so on and I was met with a red message on both of their accounts saying that the application was started and not finished. This was incorrect as my status updated to assessed which means they have received the financial information from both my parents, which means their application supports were completed. I was away from home at the time so I called them when I got home, I spoke to a silly man who did not seem to get the problem I was having on my parents account and had to frustratingly pretend that he helped, just to end the call quickly as he was not fond of me either :p:. Now I've read on threads that I could find that this might be a glitch that occurs even if the parent's applications are completed and I just want to some clarification to make me feel at ease.

Has anyone had this problem and did it ever get sorted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    my status updated to assessed which means they have received the financial information from both my parents
    I'm not quite sure what problem you are describing but 'assessed' doesn't necessarily mean that they have received or processed the information and evidence they need from your parents.

I believe (or though I am not 100% sure as I only work on one end of the system and have not applied online as a student myself) that 'assessed' is similar to the 'approved' status that I see when I have processed an application.

Approved can just mean that we have processed you as 'non means tested' while we are awaiting for enough information to carry out an income assessment.

Can you clarify something for me: have you actually been awarded any means tested loan or grant yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    I'm not quite sure what problem you are describing but 'assessed' doesn't necessarily mean that they have received or processed the information and evidence they need from your parents.

I believe (or though I am not 100% sure as I only work on one end of the system and have not applied online as a student myself) that 'assessed' is similar to the 'approved' status that I see when I have processed an application.

Approved can just mean that we have processed you as 'non means tested' while we are awaiting for enough information to carry out an income assessment.

Can you clarify something for me: have you actually been awarded any means tested loan or grant yet?
    Before the status was "awaiting further information" saying that the application pend reason was because they were waiting for my parents financial evidence and my ID evidence. Now it is assessed, the application pend reason is only for my ID (due to a problem on my ID declaration). So that means they have received my parent's evidence and the guy on the phone that I spoke to also said they have all they need from my parents.

I'm applying for first year 2010/2011

ReputationRep:
    Thats I bug on the system its been there for at least 3 years. Mine has always said it on my parents accounts and I have got my money fine the past 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Thats I bug on the system its been there for at least 3 years. Mine has always said it on my parents accounts and I have got my money fine the past 3 years.
    Thanks dude, it was actually your post I saw that informed me that it could be a glitch

I wonder how many people it affects, it annoys me because now I can't see when they send back the evidence, how long did it take for you to get your evidence, if you remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Thanks dude, it was actually your post I saw that informed me that it could be a glitch

I wonder how many people it affects, it annoys me because now I can't see when they send back the evidence, how long did it take for you to get your evidence, if you remember
    About 3 weeks but I'm on the old system so my LEA deals with it all. Its a lot different directly by SLC like its done now, they are a lot more incompetent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    About 3 weeks but I'm on the old system so my LEA deals with it all. Its a lot different directly by SLC like its done now, they are a lot more incompetent.
    Argg you lucky sod:p: I got my birth certificate 2 weeks after I sent it to them because of a problem with my form which is quite good compared to the dreadful stories I've heard about receiving their evidence. Just hope they sort out my application before the 29th January :ninja: because that's when the mania starts :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.