Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi
    hope someone can clarify something for me.

the raf careers website says the prtc is conducted at a gym of their choosing and we have to run the 1.5 on a treadmill in the allocated time. however everyone on this forum seems to say it is done at a raf base around a track or on a bleep test.

can anyone confirm this once and for all?

ReputationRep:
    as per previous thread - perhaps im getting confused between the PJTC & PRTC?????

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the difference between PJFT, and PRTC?

PJFT (Pre Joining Fitness Test): The fitness test you do on a treadmill during your application process (may also involve sit ups and press ups).

PRTC (Pre Recruit Training Camp): This is when you go to Halton for a few days, your fitness is accessed further, given more information etc. I believe this is where you will do a bleep test.

PS. You are correct, the PJFT will be at a local gym near you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalie49)
    hi
    hope someone can clarify something for me.

the raf careers website says the prtc is conducted at a gym of their choosing and we have to run the 1.5 on a treadmill in the allocated time. however everyone on this forum seems to say it is done at a raf base around a track or on a bleep test.

can anyone confirm this once and for all?

Every AFCO will be different, but they sent me details of which gym to attend and a time. I also got some free 1 day gym vouchers to use before the test to gain a bit of practice.

The gym instructor set my treadmill at 12.12km/h and told me to just stay on the treadmill until the distance counter said 2.4km. This allowed me to complete the run well within the allowed time.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the quick replies,
    i can easily make the time running outside or on a track, but im really struggling to make
    the time on a treadmill for some reason, i dont seem to be able to run properly on them.
    My balance seems all off and it seems to hurt my knees, but i understand if i dont pass the PJTC then i wont be out onto the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep practising. As they say, practise makes perfect.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.