Turn on thread page Beta

If you're wondering whether to apply to Yale, this might help you make your mind up. watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...terrible video. Although it was more fun than a university info site.

I would consider applying there, if it wasnt for the cost and the fact you need contacts instead of grades to get in.

ReputationRep:
    lol " I wanna be an architect someday. I wanna help save a city that's dying. That's why i needed a school that would push me to see that my course has a grounding in reality." SO...FAR... FROM.. the truth...

ReputationRep:
    What I observed is YALE is being represented by an effeminate idiot. Why don't they just portray real life there. Do they have something to hide?

ReputationRep:
    Bwahahahah!

why? why? why? :/

ReputationRep:
    so if i go to yale i will have somthing that makes me burst into song?

ReputationRep:
    It's just jumping on the Glee bandwagon and will be incredibly successful as it's completely fantastical...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ecokid)
    It's just jumping on the Glee bandwagon and will be incredibly successful as it's completely fantastical...
    To be fair, though, it is Yale after all. It doesn't need to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Yale. I'm quite scared.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to YALE !!!

ReputationRep:
    The guy that says 'yes mr admissions officer' is a singer on youtube!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was awesome. Musicals are awesome. Yale is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    The first two minutes I was thinking "damn, fake American adverts" but then it turned into a good musical.

ReputationRep:
    I love it! It makes me want to go to Yale anyway. If only I could afford to get a degree all over again

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't believe this. I wish I could have afforded to apply. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    I actually want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Am I sad because I actually thought that was quite good...
    :getmecoat:
    I never said the medley was bad though. (Or at least I hope to god its the medley you're talking about.) :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edenr)
    I loved that :love:
    Yeah exactly, that was bloody brilliant. If you argue otherwise, you're probably some sad, pretentious, pessimistic, get-drunk-every-week student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBOON)
    What I observed is YALE is being represented by an effeminate idiot. Why don't they just portray real life there. Do they have something to hide?
    Effeminate? Did we watch different videos? And I don't know what you thought was unrealistic about that - I felt it did a pretty good job of showing a lot of what can be part of your life while you're at Yale.

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact that quite a high number of people believe that that was done with absolute sincerity by the students of Yale and not as a partial laugh/joke.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.