Turn on thread page Beta

Vote Labour...WHY????? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    You can't blame it on the "last lot" because they were a good 12, nearly 13, years ago. Labour have had the best part of 13 years to reform what they didn't agree about the last Tory governments legislations.
    That completely misses the point: the present government doesn't do an awful lot because it largely agrees with Tory legislation. New Labour is cut from the same neo-liberal cloth as the Tories and however much either one protests the differences are slight. So yes I think we can blame the last lot for what has happened. There is a famous, yet aposite, remark about the legacy of Thatcherism: New Labour. That, I think, says it all.

ReputationRep:
    I read the first post of this and thought it might as well have been written by the daily mail. Whoever thinks that bankers get rich from taxpayers money does not deserve the right to vote. How on earth have we been "at the mercy of"?

Blaming a political party for a decline in social values? Try and name one policy by this government which causes a decline in social values. And blaming Gordon Brown solely for making britain lag behind amongst global leaders?

I am a conservative myself purely based on most of their economic policies, but I do hate the gibberish some people spout about the labour party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)

... and that's a good thing, why?
    If you had read my post in it's enitirety you would have discovered that my post was neither in support of this or against. I am actually opposed to big government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al_Funcoot)
    "If a man is 20 and isn't a liberal, he has no heart. If a man is 40 and isn't a conservative, he has no brain" - Sir Winston Churchill
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    I value the NHS as it is the best health care systems in the world. Labour brought it in and have maintained it excellently, under a Conservative government it would go to **** and everyone would have to pay an extortionate amount for private health care.

ReputationRep:
    Not voting Labour because they got us into a War that we didn't want. I mean economic problems and all sort of social problems aside, this is WAR. I mean its not something to go into lightly, you need concrete evidence, good intelligence and a real reason to risk the lives of your fellow countrymen and - oh wait.

I'm sick of us asskissing the Americans every time something happens and the slow but sure erosion of our civil liberties.

I'm not voting Conservative either. If there is a party out there that isn't evil, send me a flyer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Anyone who votes Labour at the next general election is a stupid narrow minded fool with no social, political or moral knowledge who likes a lowest common denominator system of oppression.

I shudder to think why anyone, especially of a student age, would want to vote for a party that wants everyone to have to carry around biometric I.D. cards, is for random stop searches of any person without reason, and "will go a long way in taking away civil liberties in order to preserve the greatest one: not to be blown up by a bomb :rolleyes: Honestly, if you vote for these guys, you must be missing a few brain cells.
    Yes, that makes sense, because people choose their government on the basis of biometric ID cards, which have been scrapped by the way so please check what you write before you write it. What an amazing foundation on which to base your vote, never mind Economy, health care, education, Iraq/Afghanisation, lets select party based on ID cards - did you mean to sound like an idiot, or you just are one? I think you are must be missing a few brain cells!

Also, just to let you know, Conservatives aren't going to do anything majorly different than Labour in terms of civil liberties. Please read up, before spouting verbal diarrhoea, and while you're there, why not heed your own advice.

ReputationRep:
    Who The **** Do We Vote For Then!! Someone Please Tell Me Otherwise It Goes To The Bnp!! And I'm Serious (not From A Racist Perception You Understand).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stef.strawbs.123)
    Well Cameron is a right idiot and the most obvious example is that his policy on marriages is completely flawed and if any of you saw Sky News this morning you would have heard one brilliant argument whereby Cameron (Who wasn't present I should note) was made to look like a fool! Hahaha!
    And for those anit-Labour individuals, it really isn't easy to get out of a recession so maybe you should give him a break, I'm not a huge fan of Brown but at least he isn't as sly and cunning as Cameron.
    So your all for the idea of breeding ******* kids outside wedlock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliver5084)
    In this recent economic downturn Britain has been at the mercy of rich city bankers simply gambling millions of pounds of tax payers money. Yet Britain has also become victim to a severe lack of political leadership; in the form of Gordon Brown.

The past decade has seen the disintegration of social values, such as the close family, into a society which is fragmented into sub-divisions of class, racial and religious hatred.

This needs to be solved, and fast, if Britain is going to lead the way among key global powers such as the USA, India and China. We are being held back by the very person that leads our country, and the irony is, we never voted him into power!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag...5/brownbig.jpg

All labour does is reward dirty chav, single mum scum, who breed ******* kids and stay at home.
    They get free council housing, benefits.

While hard working people have to pay higher and higher tax.

The harder you work...the more they want from you....to fund the scum of this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    I've love to see you justify this. Labour's response to the recession has been very effective. Considering how exposed we are to financial crises given our large financial services sector, its pretty damn impressive that the UK economy is predicted by Goldman Sachs to grow by 3.4% next year - 1% more than the US and 1.5% more than Europe. In both the 1980/82 and 91/92 recessions under the Tories, it took 13 quarters for the economy to return to growth.

Compare employment trends with those in the last two recessions under the Tories. In the last two recessions, unemployment continued to rise for much, much longer than it did in this recession - unemployment peaked in 1984 and 1993 at 11.9% and 10.7% respectively. In this recession, unemployment has peaked at 7.9% and is already dropping - you'd barely know its a lagging indicator. Its hard to put that down to anything but government intervention.
    Is it me or have you been reading Left Foot Forward?

If you have, I may rep you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sksks1201)
    All labour does is reward dirty chav, single mum scum, who breed ******* kids and stay at home.

Woah woah WOAH.

Single mums are not scum.
    Some people genuinely need benefits. While some people abuse that system is doesn't mean you can make such disgusting generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 554593)
    Labour cares about its people and took our country out of recession which said above, is not an easy job! David Cameron will ruin our country and destroy the economy.
    Economy? What economy? :p:

ReputationRep:
    As I live in a guaranteed labour seat I cant see the point in me voting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayel)
    Woah woah WOAH.

Single mums are not scum.
    Some people genuinely need benefits. While some people abuse that system is doesn't mean you can make such disgusting generalisations.
    yes I am all for hard working people who lost their job getting benefits which they earned.

But people these days sit around do nothing and demand benefits!
    Some of my old school mates, just breed ******* kids, don't even have a job and can't be even assed to look for work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    A guy turned up to my rugby club in the car in your sig (California?), everyone wet themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 554593)
    Labour cares about its people and took our country out of recession which said above, is not an easy job! David Cameron will ruin our country and destroy the economy.
    Labour doesn't care about people, it cares about

- Launching illegal invasions of foreign countries
    - Spending money on weapons of mass destruction
    - Privatising public services
    - Promoting the widening of social inequality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sksks1201)

While hard working people have to pay higher and higher tax.

The harder you work...the more they want from you....to fund the scum of this country.
    This was a problem endemic under the Conservatives as well. There were more people bludging under the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    Little mention of the Liberal Democrats here.

My humble knowledge of politics goes as far as *they're not as evil as the other two*

What do you think? If not Labour then Liberal?

ReputationRep:

I'd rather have Rio Ferdinand running the country than the **** that is David Cameron.

Labour is doing well - it's very niave to blame everything that's happening on the party in power. Gordon is very intelligent, whereas Cameron is all PR (though how he managed to f up his poster, I dunno).

Besides, I can't stand the incompetence of senior Tories; take multimillionaire Osborne who really needed to claim ~£2000 for his mortgage? And Alan Duncan, another multi-millionaire toff, infamously said MPs live on rations.

I could go on all day but it's half three in the morn.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.