The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i have:

my main rig (athlon 2500 overclocked to 3200) next to my desk
a celery 600 and a p2 233 under my bed
a motherboard, soundcard and cd-rw drive in a case under my bed

a k6-2 350 in my brother's room

a celery 2gig laptop and a pentium 233 laptop anywhere (i love 11g!), and an athlon 1900 in the dining room
Reply 41
well i have 3 computers:

1) bought in 1995 a gateway pentium 75 mhz which is collecting dust.
2) gateway 600 mhz bought in 2000 which is the main computer still used today.
3) an dell inspiron 8100 1Ghz laptop bought end of 2001 my brother uses.

the next one we are plannning to get would be in about 2005-2006 when the next version of windows will come out and it will hopefully be a dell desktop dimension with a lovely tft screen.
Reply 42
well, i have a millions mainframes in my room...
i've got one in my room and one in the living room for the family. Both similar specs: 2.4Ghz, 512mb ram, decent graphics cards 60/80 gb hard disks.
I have an almost-silent Shuttle SN45G right next to me on the desk. I could leave it on overnight and still sleep peacefully. Got an AMD Duron 1.3Ghz CPU with 256MB PC2700 DDR RAM and GeForce FX5200 128MB graphics card in it.

It's my third PC now. Got a XP 1700+ in my brother's room and a K6-2 500Mhz somewhere.....
byakugan_neji
I have an almost-silent Shuttle SN45G right next to me on the desk. I could leave it on overnight and still sleep peacefully.

is it bought or made? thats pretty cool.
iiikewldude
is it bought or made? thats pretty cool.

Well, I bought the case for about £130 and stuck in all the components in it. Swapped my XP 1700+ and GeForce 4 Ti4200 for my brother's Duron and FX5200 since I'm just going to be using this for work and not games (!).

Had some hardware issues though so had to backup GBs of stuff on both PCs and then format!
Reply 47
Maskall.
Where is your PC? Mine is in my bedroom and I always tend to find it a big distraction from studying because it is on my desk where I usually study. We have two PC's, one is in my brother's room and mine in my room (we used to have the one in my bros room because hes got the biggest room so there was plenty of space to house it). I bought mine myself (because everyone hogged the one PC) out of my savings and then worked my ass part-time to replenish my savings. Sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered because although it brings me joy it is a major distraction. Where is the PC/s in your house and how many you got?

Mines in my bedroom, there's one in the Lounge too though.

Latest

Trending

Trending