Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    fin

ReputationRep:
    Intellectualism... 'Qualified for IB'... ranking of university.... hmm, I'll sell those implied correlations.

ReputationRep:
    If you are as intellectually astute as you say you are, these answers should be very easy to find with simple searches on this forum'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    Fine, I know it is very shallow but I need to know in general what sort of capabilties these grads have in general. What would I need to do to reach the same sort of level?
    There is no such thing as the perfect graduate. Each role requires different skills and attributes. For some dribbling skills are more important, for others it's handling. But generally all require teamwork, work rate, leadership, and decisions.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't understand the question. Are you saying that, although you did the IB, you're not going to a good university? In which case, are you asking whether employers will snigger at you for not going to somewhere good, even though you had the IB? If so, no, they won't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangey)
    I don't understand the question. Are you saying that, although you did the IB, you're not going to a good university? In which case, are you asking whether employers will snigger at you for not going to somewhere good, even though you had the IB? If so, no, they won't
    -pokes forum- Investment Banking, not International Baccalaureate.

ReputationRep:
    Basically how intelligent are the IB grads in the front office? Basically what unis do they mainly go to?
    I mean I have got quite mediocre results compared to IB students. But I am developing fast intellectually. I have a place to do a good degree at an average uni as of September and am currently on a gap year. Basically, because my university is average (not Russell Group), I don't know if I'm capable, however I am thinking if I go on to do a Master's at a top uni, would that be enough to show I am intellectually on the same level as IB grads?

Also don't say I have no chance of getting the position, getting the position is not the problem for me let's just say. I just need to show I can be intellectually competent.
    Thanks.

Not Russell Group =/= average university.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1161016

ReputationRep:
    Basically how intelligent are the IB grads in the front office? Basically what unis do they mainly go to?
    I mean I have got quite mediocre results compared to IB students. But I am developing fast intellectually. I have a place to do a good degree at an average uni as of September and am currently on a gap year. Basically, because my university is average (not Russell Group), I don't know if I'm capable, however I am thinking if I go on to do a Master's at a top uni, would that be enough to show I am intellectually on the same level as IB grads?

Also don't say I have no chance of getting the position, getting the position is not the problem for me let's just say
    . I just need to show I can be intellectually competent.
    Thanks.

wishful thinking... getting the position is a tough process, even some of the most capable students from 'target unis' struggle.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin is in FO IB, and he's retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    There is no such thing as the perfect graduate. Each role requires different skills and attributes. For some dribbling skills are more important, for others it's handling. But generally all require teamwork, work rate, leadership, and decisions.
    And in my opinion, each manager still has to put a weight on potential ability vs. current ability.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    -pokes forum- Investment Banking, not International Baccalaureate.
    Ah, bugger

Me = moron

ReputationRep:
    About 10 I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    And in my opinion, each manager still has to put a weight on potential ability vs. current ability.
    With an emphasis upon "decisions", "intelligence", "professionalism", and "jumping".

ReputationRep:
    Cruciform For ***** Sake Stop With All These Threads! Just Get On With Your Life, Retake And Reapply! You Can Still Get Into The Likes Of Manchester, Birmingham, Loughborough, Leeds, Southampton, York Etc Even If You Reapply!

Now I Beg You Please Stop!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.