Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I saw an advertisement saying "Work in Hawaii this summer and have a whale of a time with BUNAC", so I click "Find out more" and have to apply and then pay £239. But what am I paying for, I haven't been told anything about the oppotunities available and I have no idea what 'm paying for, can someone fill me in?

check out its website. It's a summer camp, I think.

edit: Gap year forum --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=88

This isn't summer camp, this is actual jobs.

I'm interested in what type of jobs are available. I'd be interested in retail or CS in one of the east coast cities, but not sure how what the availability would be like.
    Then again, I wouldn't be doing it for 2 - 3 years anyway, as I'd have to go back to university.

I'm thinking of doing the US one summer, then perhaps Canada for a year once I graduate.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.