Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Very strange experiences last night? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Easykill)
    My cousins a hypnotherapist and tried to induce OBE's on himself and told me how to do it but I never could :/ They do sound awesome but probably very scary if you don't understand whats going on.
    Thats cool! Yes, apparently some people can induce them at will, with practice. I dont really want to though, it was terrifying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermay88)
    Search lucid dreams all of you who are too arogant and immature to know what they are. It's on wikipedia ffs! And out of body experiences, many people have experienced them.
    I don't know what lucid dreams are and that doesn't make me immature or aRRogant! (with 2 r's!) You make it out like TSR'ians have a duty to answer you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie05)
    I don't know what lucid dreams are and that doesn't make me immature or aRRogant! (with 2 r's!) You make it out like TSR'ians have a duty to answer you!
    It makes it immature of people to post insults to me, without researching it and realising that lucid dreams are a real thing. Thats all im saying. It would be nice to not be insulted over a sincere question.

ReputationRep:
    It makes it immature of you to post an insult to me, without researching it and realising that lucid dreams are a real thing.
    I never insulted you about the lucid dreams and never said or implied they weren't real. It's even more immature to insult people for things they haven't done.

ReputationRep:
    After reading the wikipedia about Lucid dreams I think that all my dreams are like that. I always know I'm dreaming.

Is that unusual?

ReputationRep:
    I never insulted you about the lucid dreams and never said or implied they weren't real. It's even more immature to insult people for things they haven't done.
    Coming from someone whos on her way to a warning level lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulope)
    After reading the wikipedia about Lucid dreams I think that all my dreams are like that. I always know I'm dreaming.

Is that unusual?
    No I don't think so!

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone whos on her way to a warning level lol
    Am I? Also what does that have to do with anything

ReputationRep:
    Am I? Also what does that have to do with anything
    lets agree to disagree amie its not worth getting upset about lol

ReputationRep:
    lets agree to disagree amie its not worth getting upset about lol
    I'm not upset, just confussed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Easykill)
    Could it be a lucid dream? If so, I'm v jealous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
    Why? It's easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by </Tom>)
    Why? It's easy.
    *facepalm*

That's like saying it's easy to roll your tongue. If you can't do it, it's pretty damn hard to learn.
    Besides, I am an insomniac, I have enough trouble trying to simply dream.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure the first dream was a lucid dream. That makes me feel better! :o: The firey tunnel thing...Im sure that was a 'hypnogic hallucination' A hallucination peoeple commonly get when on the borders of sleep. I must have been on the borders but still aware so that happened.
    The floating bit, there is a phenomenon called out of body experiences. I talked to some friends about this. At least three of my friends have had similar experiences and even some people who have posted replies on here (not the idiots who just felt like throwing random insults).
    Im sorry but the image of just lying in bed when a man pops up and sais merry christmas then pops out again is just too funny.

After having just read about Lucid dreams - i want one. They sound awesome. Or was it scary...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm the only one to say that, but sometimes my dreams are a little screwed up if I sleep with the lights/Tv on. Take 2 days ago for example, I fell asleep during the day while my boyfriend was playing on the Xbox and I had a realistic dream that I woke up and spoke to him. Didn't happen, but it was very vivid.

ReputationRep:
    acid trip???

ReputationRep:
    I had a very strange night last night. I fell asleep quite late with all the lights on as I was watching TV and couldn't be bothered to get up to swtich the light off. I first remember being in a dream in which I was in the army. At first I didn't realise I was asleep. I just thought I was a soldier. Then I remember not liking what one of my superiors had ordered my squad to do, and I thought ''this is just a dream, why should I listen to them?''. At that point EVERYTHING in my dream went silent and froze. I had no fear of my superiors, and I went right up to them. They didn't move or talk or anything. The dream scenery started to become so lifelike it was almost more realistic than real life!! After this very real strange dream I woke up and dozed on and off for a bit. I remember blinking my eyes (whilst awake) and seeing a large firey porthole open up in my room about 4 metres from my bed. Standing in front of it was a large dark figure that I heard whisper "it's christmas". I then blinked again and it had dissapeared!
    I then fell asleep AGAIN and woke up again later. Now it was around 7am. I remember feeling very relaxed and comfortable and closing my eyes. Suddenly I found myself floating next to my bed, about a metre away to my left, about a metre high. I mean literaly flying. I felt like I was literaly superman floating in mid air. I had my eyes closed but I could sense where I was floating. During this I could hear a deep low rumbling noise. After a few seconds of floating I felt a sense of extreme terror run through me and I almost automatically found myself back in bed. I was awake when this happened, not asleep, nor tired at all!

What the hell was all this?!
    So sorry, but that made me laugh.

Sounds like sleep paralysis,
    lucky thing I want to experience it.

ReputationRep:
    I had a very strange night last night. I fell asleep quite late with all the lights on as I was watching TV and couldn't be bothered to get up to swtich the light off. I first remember being in a dream in which I was in the army. At first I didn't realise I was asleep. I just thought I was a soldier. Then I remember not liking what one of my superiors had ordered my squad to do, and I thought ''this is just a dream, why should I listen to them?''. At that point EVERYTHING in my dream went silent and froze. I had no fear of my superiors, and I went right up to them. They didn't move or talk or anything. The dream scenery started to become so lifelike it was almost more realistic than real life!! After this very real strange dream I woke up and dozed on and off for a bit. I remember blinking my eyes (whilst awake) and seeing a large firey porthole open up in my room about 4 metres from my bed. Standing in front of it was a large dark figure that I heard whisper "it's christmas". I then blinked again and it had dissapeared!
    I then fell asleep AGAIN and woke up again later. Now it was around 7am. I remember feeling very relaxed and comfortable and closing my eyes. Suddenly I found myself floating next to my bed, about a metre away to my left, about a metre high. I mean literaly flying. I felt like I was literaly superman floating in mid air. I had my eyes closed but I could sense where I was floating. During this I could hear a deep low rumbling noise. After a few seconds of floating I felt a sense of extreme terror run through me and I almost automatically found myself back in bed. I was awake when this happened, not asleep, nor tired at all!

What the hell was all this?!
    yo dude. I've had very similar dreams to you. This gave me shivers reading this. When I was little, I had these recurring dreams were I began floating (usually from my bed, down the stairs of the house to either the bathroom (dark and scary) or the shed in the garden (also dark and scary). It would always start with a sudden deep/dark music/sound on the organs playing (during a boring/enjoyable dream) and it would instantly cause a huge sense of terror and fear, shivers down my spine etc. I'm getting epic chills writing this because its bringing back so many memories. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    I have also seen the film Donnie Darko.

ReputationRep:
    Even though they terrify me I want to learn to induce them as they're so amazing and hopefully if i'm more able to control and influence them they'll be a bit more fun

ReputationRep:
    Sleep paralysis. I get it all the time! Its weird but funny at the same time.

Basically your brain wakes up, but your body is still asleep. It can lead to hallucinations. I also find, I feel pressure on parts of my body. Can be quite scary at times, even though you know what is happening.

I have alot of Lucid dreams too. Although to my understanding lucid dreams happen more when you are actually asleep and aware you are dreaming!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.