Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why you are concerned although security in my halls is rubbish.

The block door doesn't lock, so anyone can walk in. The flatdoors do lock but no one [literally no one] locks them [I couldn't lock the door to my flat anyway as two of my flatmates don't take their keys out - they leave their room door open too]. I've had people [friends/family] walk into my room whilst I've been elsewhere in the flat and I've been none the wiser. I always make sure I lock my bedroom door though - I suggest you just make sure that door is always locked to in case the other doors are left unlocked.

ReputationRep:
    when will silly teenagers take responsibility for thier own safety??? Thier insurance is likely to be void too.

Burglarys the least of your worrys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    [I couldn't lock the door to my flat anyway as two of my flatmates don't take their keys out - they leave their room door open too].
    I would seriously start locking the doors. Might teach them to start taking their kys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    I would seriously start locking the doors. Might teach them to start taking their kys.
    One of my flatmates did the other night as she was drunk and annoyed with one of the lads. Made no difference - he just rang the called us [on the phone] until one of us let him in.

There was an "incident" the other night when some drunken people came in at about 1am and started moving the furniture in the kitchen, like pulling the fridges out from under the counter, but we've not had anything go missing and all my valuables are in my room [locked]. It is something to do with the mentality of nearly everyone in these blocks - I don't know any flat that locks the door and know of a shockingly high number who don't lock their room doors.

They must all feel safe I guess.

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.