This discussion is closed.
acemaverick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I recently got an offer from Birmingham Uni for computer science G400 it said that if I passed an aptitude test that it would be the equivalent of offering 2 E's at A-level which I assume is the equivalent of reducing my current BBC offer by two grades i.e. CCC.

But anyway has anyone actually taken this test or know whats on it? Is it specific to certain departments or is there a general test that all undergaduate applicants have to take?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by acemaverick)
I recently got an offer from Birmingham Uni for computer science G400 it said that if I passed an aptitude test that it would be the equivalent of offering 2 E's at A-level which I assume is the equivalent of reducing my current BBC offer by two grades i.e. CCC.

But anyway has anyone actually taken this test or know whats on it? Is it specific to certain departments or is there a general test that all undergaduate applicants have to take?
why bother?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Might have started it only this year, cos I applied to Bham for CS last year and didn't have to take a test.
hollyj
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by acemaverick)

hey
i got an offer as well, and i emailed a guy asking wat the test is on, and he sed its not on computer science, as all students take it, and he sed hes not allowed 2 tell me and students gotta come without prior knowledge of wats on the test, k?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.19%
Confident (65)
13.66%
Indifferent (66)
13.87%
Unsure (118)
24.79%
Worried (188)
39.5%

Watched Threads