Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finiance Evidance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am going to phone them up about this tomorrow but thought I might see if I can get any answers on here first though. Ive applied for student finance (New Full Time student stating 2010/2011) online and they asked me for some Evidence of my ID, since I don't have a passport I sent them my birth certificate and appropriate documents in the post, its been nearly a week since I sent them off and my status online is still "Awaiting Further Information" and the application pend reason is still "We are waiting for documentary evidence from you", was just wondering if anybody knew how long this took or if I need to do anything else, any help is welcome
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    One thing you gotta know dude....Student Finance are known for taking the piss with most things. My status changed in two weeks but there was a problem with my evidence so they sent it back on the same day they updated my status, they still have my parents evidence and it has been 5 weeks going on 6. I was lucky for my status change but some people aren't so lucky, seen some threads where it has been months before a change of status.

ReputationRep:
    They may have received it; but not looked at it.

ReputationRep:
    This is only the second year SFE have started processing application forms in one location (Darlington). Previously this work was carried out by local councils.

Last year was the first year and they had serious workflow problems.

Read page 3 of this for details: http://www.bis.gov.uk/wp-content/upl...o-Students.pdf

They are going to be dealing with an enormous amount of applications - around 750,000 this year which is nearly double the 400,000 or so they handled last year.

You've got to understand that anything you send to them will take several weeks to be looked at. It is not like dropping your documents off at your local council, having a quick chat to and having them checked to see if everything is in order and your application status updated within a few working days.

As long as you know you have sent them the correct documents you will have to be patient and wait a few weeks for anything to happen.

ReputationRep:
    oh right didn't know it was as much as that, thanks for the advice, i have defiantly sent all the right stuff double checked it and had a friend look over it for me so fingers crossed they got it and i hear something in a couple of weeks ^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.