Turn on thread page Beta

Newcastle to Liverpool - HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to book train tickets for the 5th feb (thurs) and I have been on the national express site and virgin site, the prices seem to be very expensive, any other sites I can look?

Also I am a student so should I get a student rail card?

ReputationRep:
    no one know?

ReputationRep:
    www.nationalrail.co.uk

Depends how much you'd be travelling, if its worth getting a railcard.

Book a single from Newcastle to Manchester, then a single from Manchester to Liverpool.
    Not sure what happens if there any delays though.

ReputationRep:
    thetrainline maybe? Only one I can think of.

As for the railcard, it depends how much you travel by train. There's no point getting it for just one journey - you'll only make up the £26 charge by making small savings on lots of journeys.

ReputationRep:
    with a ralcard they are all 37.30

ReputationRep:
    don't even bother checking thetrainline.com, they add commission, which isn't needed at any other site.

it's £21.60 on the coach, but that is 6-7 hours.

ReputationRep:
    so should I book two singles?

ReputationRep:
    If you buy a 16-25 railcard (£26 for the year), and follow the advice of Nevasleep, you can do it for £24 return (without a railcard you'd be looking at more like £50 so you'd already be getting back all of the cost of the railcard!). Book advance singles from Newcastle to Manchester Piccadilly through the following website: http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/train-tic...s/students.htm
    Then just buy an off-peak day return from Manchester-Liverpool on the day you travel (you'll be able to get this from Newcastle station booking office).
    Good luck with your journey!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am pre planning for a journey on wed 17th feb. Should I book newcastle to manchester and then manchester to liverpool single tickets? anyone help me. What happens if I do a single and miss my train though?!

ReputationRep:
    Where can I buy a national rail card from and if I say I have one on nationalrail and look at my return price its coming up to £56?!!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.