Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does it look stupid if a girl is taller than her boyfriend when she's wearing heels? Watch

• View Poll Results: Does it look stupid if a girl is taller than her boyfriend when she's wearing heels?
    Yes it looks stupid.
    33.96%
    No it looks fine.
    18.87%
    If they are both happy then it doesn't matter.
    29.25%
    I wouldn't think much of it.
    17.92%

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering what you think about this. Most guys are taller than me when I'm wearing normal flats, but if I stick on a pair of 4 inch heels I become the taller one.

Does it matter? Do you think if this was the case the girl shouldn't wear heels?

I'm not fussed about being taller when wearing heels, and I refuse to stop wearing them just to look shorter!

ReputationRep:
    no not really, especially not if its only slightly

ReputationRep:
    It looks weird yes

ReputationRep:
    i think if i were taller than my boyfriend with or without heels, i'd feel rather uncomfortable!! weird maybe too strong a word! it doesn't really make a difference, and if they;re happy, who cares!

Ruth xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it will look, unusual.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, which is why I need a bf who's 6'2+ :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would also feel uncomfortable, well, depends on how much of a difference there is.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a girl who was like 6ft with heels, with a guy who was about 5ft9, in a club the other night. Didn't look too good.

Just doesn't look right at all if the girl's more than a couple of inches taller. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Not stupid but its a little funny

But i'm 6ft 1 1/2 so...:p:

ReputationRep:
    I hate being a short arse.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah, 'tis good being tall

ReputationRep:
    yeaaah I reckon it look stupid,
    glad I don't have that problem my boyfriends 6'4 and i'm 5'5

ReputationRep:
    So long as its not by a lot its not too bad.

In other words without heels shorter.

ReputationRep:
    I only think it's weird if there is a huge difference. Lucky for me my boyfriends nearly 6ft and I am only 5"4' or something, and there is no way I could walk in 6' heels!

ReputationRep:
    I want to say you shouldn't be concerned with what the guy thinks but in essence that's too simplistic.

ReputationRep:
    I think it often makes the guy feel slightly uncomfortable, but it doesnt look that odd. Being 6'4 though, i've never had this problem :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah would look strange, .. but why the **** would you mind what other people think?
    If you are cool with it go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Had a pretty tall gf, who insisted on weaing heels.

It just feels awkward tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but she insists on doing it anyway !!! I get embarressed.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'll be honest and say it does look strange if the height difference is obvious (i.e. the girl is taller by a good few inches). If you want to wear heels, then wear them, I doubt it would have a huge impact (maybe a few looks).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.