Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just joined the gym. Now, what do I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Look at my diet, and research excersises which you think will fit in well at gym and stay strict to it
    STOP GIVING **** ADVICE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Look up 'feltching' and that's what you're a victim of boy. Half the members on here probably lift twice what you weigh, stop criticizing others and give some useful tips and advice. I'm happy with what I nkow because in the end I know I can

deadlift-95kg-10 reps

Bench 100kg-10 reps

SQUAT-105KG-10 REPS
    125KG-1 REP

So the things I do are obviously working period!!
    yOU'VE BEEN DRINKING PROTEIN SHAKES SINCE YOU WERE 14 AND I'M GUESSING WORKING OUT SINCE THEN AND U CAN BENCH MORE THAN YOU CAN DEADLIFT? GTO RIGHT NOW

ReputationRep:
    Now you go to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    ***********, I am bare confused now!

Ahhh, will waddle through all of the posts, put up a mini 'gym timetable' and see what you guys think in just a bit!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)

you know
    Hey man, cheers for the advice

Okay, have filtered through this thread and come to this timetable:

MON: HITT (15mins in total, 60 secs jog, followed by 30 secs sprint with 10 repetitions)

TUE: Starting Strength. Squat/Bench Press/Deadlift. Will ask the gym instructor how to do these and aim to do 3 sets of 10 reps of each exercise, of whatever weight I can manage at first!

WED: HITT

FRI: Starting Strength

Will take one protein shake every day and basically cut out all the sugary/salty processed foods etc from my diet.

Does this sound alright? I dunno what else to add in, remove? Like, my friends say they're gonna work out the back or whatever one day, then their lower body another day? How does that work? And having just 15 mins at the gym seems a bit pointless, no?

Achhh, so confused...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.Shallot)
    Hey man, cheers for the advice

Okay, have filtered through this thread and come to this timetable:

MON: HITT (15mins in total, 60 secs jog, followed by 30 secs sprint with 10 repetitions)

TUE: Starting Strength. Squat/Bench Press/Deadlift. Will ask the gym instructor how to do these and aim to do 3 sets of 10 reps of each exercise, of whatever weight I can manage at first!

WED: HITT

FRI: Starting Strength

Will take one protein shake every day and basically cut out all the sugary/salty processed foods etc from my diet.

Does this sound alright? I dunno what else to add in, remove? Like, my friends say they're gonna work out the back or whatever one day, then their lower body another day? How does that work? And having just 15 mins at the gym seems a bit pointless, no?

Achhh, so confused...
    Its a good start, you could add in another day of starting strength. If you're really keen on bulking up then PM me and I'll send a dietary guide your way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Its a good start, you could add in another day of starting strength. If you're really keen on bulking up then PM me and I'll send a dietary guide your way.
    Excellent. Thanks a lot dude

Would you say free weights aren't that neccessary then?

Will add in Starting Strength on the Sun also then, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.Shallot)
    Excellent. Thanks a lot dude

Would you say free weights aren't that neccessary then?

Will add in Starting Strength on the Sun also then, cheers
    No, they're the only exercises you should be doing, starting strength is pretty much entirely free weight exercises, just the relevant ones.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.